PowerPact Earth Leakage Modules
Ground fault protection from 30mA to 3A
For PowerPact H- and J-Frame circuit breakers to provide equipment ground fault protection from 30mA to 3A with adjustable time delays for flexibility
FeaturesThe Earth Leakage Module (ELM) is an add-on module for PowerPact® H-Frame and PowerPact J-Frame circuit breakers. This module can be conveniently provided as a factory-installed or field-installable option. It provides low-level ground fault sensing and relaying functions to help protect equipment, reducing downtime from damage due to ground faults. The ELM provides protection with sensitivity ranges between 30mA and 3A. For ground fault sensitivity levels from 20A to 200A, see our Micrologic® add-on GFM.
Add-on Earth Leakage Module (ELM) Features
- UL 1053 – Ground-fault Sensing and Relaying Equipment
- Adjustable ground-fault pickup levels as low as 30 mA
- Adjustable ground-fault time delays from instantaneous to 500 ms
- Integral ground fault push-to-test feature meets NEC 230-95(c)
- Ground fault trip indicator includes pop-up button for local status and terminals for remote indication of ground fault trip status
- All ELMs are supplied with required hardware for I-Line® or unit-mount applications
- Three poles 240 to 600 Vac maximum: 3-phase, 3-wire (no neutral) and 1-phase, 2-wire applications
- The internal electronics, shunt trip and integral test feature are line-powered and do not require external control power
- A 48 VDC shunt trip is required in the circuit breaker; it may be field-installed (Cat. No. S29392) or factory-installed (suffix –SP) in the UL 489 Listed PowerPact H- and J-Frame circuit breakers.
- For a factory-installed ELM, add suffix -VL (H-frame) or -VM (J-frame). This option is only available on unit mount circuit breakers.
ELM150HD - for up to 150A H-frame breaker
ELM250JD - for up to 250A J-frame breaker