Power factor correction capacitors supply the reactive power (kVAR) required by inductive loads. By correcting poor power factor ratings,
capacitors reduce kVA demand thus off-loading transformers and switchgear. The reduced kVA demand results in lower utility power bills, cooler equipment operation and longer equipment life.
Our VarSet Detuned Capacitors provide a flexible and effective power factor compensation system in low-voltage networks. Applicable to small and medium industrial, commercial and institution users, these low-voltage capacitors offer the benefits of a centralized solution at an attractive cost.
- Voltage rating range from 208 V to 600 V
- Available from 75 kVAR to 800 kVAR. Other ratings are available on request.
- Thermal-protected iron-core reactors prevents network resonance
- Capacitor-switching rated contactor with proven reliability
- Sophisticated power factor controller options
- Backlit display on controller shows current power factor, stage status, load and reactive currents, THD values, alarm conditions and more
- QED switchboard-style section constructed of 12-gauge steel frame covered with removable 16-gauge steel panels
- Standard section dimensions of 30 in. W x 36 in. D x 90 in. H
- CSA and CSA-US listed
- Reduce utility bills
- Eliminate penalties on reactive energy and decreasing kW / kVA
- Reduce power losses generated in the transformers and conductors of the installation
- Increase power capacity
- Optimize your electrical network
- Prevent overloading of the network
- Improve voltage regulation and reduce harmonics
Small and Medium Industrial