VarSet Detuned Capacitor Banks
Reactive power compensation for variable load with harmonic content.
Streamline your electrical network’s capacity
FeaturesEnergy Savings Benefits and Process Control
Power factor correction capacitors supply the reactive power (kVAR) required by inductive loads. By correcting poor power factor ratings,
capacitors reduce kVA demand thus off-loading transformers and switchgear. The reduced kVA demand results in lower utility power bills, cooler equipment operation and longer equipment life.
Our VarSet Detuned Capacitors provide a flexible and effective power factor compensation system in low-voltage networks. Applicable to small and medium industrial, commercial and institution users, these low-voltage capacitors offer the benefits of a centralized solution at an attractive cost.
- Voltage rating range from 208 V to 600 V
- Available from 75 kVAR to 800 kVAR. Other ratings are available on request.
- Thermal-protected iron-core reactors prevents network resonance
- Capacitor-switching rated contactor with proven reliability
- Sophisticated power factor controller options
- Backlit display on controller shows current power factor, stage status, load and reactive currents, THD values, alarm conditions and more
- QED switchboard-style section constructed of 12-gauge steel frame covered with removable 16-gauge steel panels
- Standard section dimensions of 30 in. W x 36 in. D x 90 in. H
- CSA and CSA-US listed
- Reduce utility bills
- Eliminate penalties on reactive energy and decreasing kW / kVA
- Reduce power losses generated in the transformers and conductors of the installation
- Increase power capacity
- Optimize your electrical network
- Prevent overloading of the network
- Improve voltage regulation and reduce harmonics
Small and Medium Industrial