There are three different meter models to suit your needs according to features and functionality:
- PowerLogic ION8650C for revenue metering
- PowerLogic ION8650B for revenue metering and power quality compliance monitoring
- PowerLogic ION8650A for revenue metering and advanced power quality analysis
- High accuracy, single current range (2 times more accurate than existing ANSI/IEC Class 0.2 standards from 0.010A-20A)
- IEC 61850 protocol including COMTRADE support
- IEC 61000-4-30 Class A/S power quality measurement method
- Power quality compliance monitoring of international quality-of-supply standards (IEEE 519, EN50160, IEC 61000-4-7, IEC 61000-4-15, CBEMA/ITIC)
- Increased onboard memory – ION8650A/B/C (128Mb/64Mb/32Mb)
- 1024 samples/cycle measurements for all voltage/current channels
- Dual simultaneous low (32 samples/cycle) and high resolution (1024 samples/cycle) voltage waveform capture
- Up to 5 simultaneous communicating ports (*Limited to 3 ports on C model): Ethernet, modem, RS-232/485, RS-485, front ANSI optical port
- User selectable industry standard protocols available through serial and Ethernet including: Itron MV-90, Modbus, Modbus Master, DNP 3.0 and IEC 61850.
- User customizable register maps for Modbus and DNP protocols
- Ethernet and modem gateway for up to31 devices on each RS-485 port
- On-board web server, email alarms and data logs
- Easily integrate with PowerLogic ION Enterprise operations software or other energy management systems
- Backed by an industry-leading 10 year warranty
Watch this in-depth video to learn the features of the PowerLogic ION8650 series meter.
From leading-edge performance to maximize ROI, through power quality compliance monitoring that helps increase electrical network reliability the PowerLogic ION8650 is designed to meet your needs.
- Use a single PowerLogic ION8650 meter for revenue metering, power quality monitoring and substation automation applications simultaneously.
- Modular, flexible ION technology can adapt to ever-changing industry standards and regulations, so your infrastructure doesn’t have to change.
Cutting-edge power and reliability
- Increased revenue metering accuracy (twice that of the current standard)
- Compliance to IEC 61000-4-30 class A/S to guarantee international quality-of-supply standards
- Compliance to IEC 61850 substation protocol for improved integration into SCADA systems
Easy to order, install and configure
- Fewer part numbers: easier to choose and stock the right meters
- Easier installation with user configurable wiring modes (Socket meters use ION Setup; switchboard meters use the front panel)
- Easy meter configuration using ION Setup software, an intuitive, user-friendly and free meter configuration tool
Revenue metering and power quality
- High-accuracy revenue metering at grid interchange points or critical industrial loads including transformer and instrument compensation
- Provide multiple parties secure access to billing data
- Verify contract compliance with the newest power quality standards
- Analyze and isolate the source of power quality problems
- Improve T&D network reliability
- Provide accurate operational metering values to utility SCADA systems for enhancing real-time network reliability • Enable customer participation in load reduction programs
- Maximize the use of existing infrastructure
- Monitor equipment to predict impending maintenance issues
- Provide long haul data to automate remote systems