Modicon M171/M172 Logic Controller
Nano PLC with a focus on HVAC and pumping control solutions
Part of Modicon
An economical solution, these PLCs focus on control of HVAC, refrigeration and pumping systems with flexible scheduling, occupancy sensing and analog controls. The software is EcoStruxure Machine Expert - HVAC, a powerful configuration software compliant with IEC 61131-3. (Not included with or related to EcoStruxure Machine Expert or EcoStruxure Machine Expert - Basic.) M171 & M172 controllers can handle small to very large machines and can be networked to handle large systems.
Find Your Local Distributor (select High-Tech Distributors (ACE) from Choose an Activity drop down menu).
Modicon M171/M172 logic controllers: best-in-class scalable automation control and energy efficiency.
The Modicon M171/M172 logic controllers are available in three controller types:
- Modicon M171 optimized logic controller for simple and compact machines is the smallest programmable controller on the market.
- Modicon M171 performance logic controller for complex and BMS-connectable machines. This controller provides more powerful memory, I/Os, connectivity and an embedded webserver.
- Modicon M172 performance logic controller for large and connected machines. For more performance, connectivity and scalability.
Everything you need is embedded:
- Wide choice of digital or analog I/Os, software configurable
- Communication protocols: Modbus SL, Modbus TCP, BACnet MS/TP, BACnet/IP, CAN, Profibus, ASCII, LonWorks
- The embedded WebVisu function lets you monitor and adjust the machine from any location.
- With or without display and buttons, or flush-mounted
- Power supply: 12 V DC or 24V AC/DC or 48V DC or 100 to 240 V AC
Thanks to a high degree of flexibility, installing additional modules is very easy - while keeping everything in a single configuration:
- Remote displays
- Expansion modules
- Wall thermostat
- Electronic expansion valve driver
- Wide range of humidity and temperature probes
- Communication plug-in for adding a communication port
BenefitsThe following features help you to maximize profitability and energy efficiency by using scalable automation control with the Modicon M171/M172:
- Reduce time to market thanks to the intuitive programming software SoMachine HVAC with its ready-to-use applications and function blocks
- All of the features and functions you need to design and build machines more profitably are already embedded
- Application Function Blocks reduce energy consumption and help to improve system efficiency
- Stay connected everywhere with multiple BMS connectivity options or embedded and an embedded web server.
ApplicationsModicon M171 controllers are designed for HVAC, Refrigeration and Pumping machines that are not typically in direct communication with building management systems. Modicon M172 controllers are well suited for automation of HVAC, Refrigeration and Pumping machines that are connected to building management systems via communication networks such as BACnet and LonWorks.