As timelines are finalized, dates will be further clarified below.
November 2016: Introduction of PowerPact B
June 2017: Obsolescence of F-frame molded case circuit breakers and switches announced
PowerPact B enclosures available
I-Line F-frame circuit breakers and switches no longer available for purchase
Q2 2019: Unit mount F-frame circuit breakers and switches no longer available for purchase
Finding a Replacement
PowerPact B 15-125A Molded Case Circuit Breakers and switches are the designated replacement for F-frame applications. PowerPact B features increased capacity, a smaller size in unit mount, same size to ease retrofit in I-Line, and a flexible range of field-installable accessories, auxiliaries and operators.
Tools and Resources:
- F-Frame to PowerPact B-Frame Circuit Breaker Conversions
- Cross Reference Tool: Simple and easy way to find an equivalent part number for your F-frame circuit breaker
- Introduction to PowerPact B: videos, animations and more
- PowerPact B Circuit Breaker Catalog
- PowerPact B CAD files
- PowerPact B Certificates: UL, CSA, NOM, IEC, CCC certified and CE marked for global acceptance
Replacing a F-Frame Unit Mount/Enclosure Installation
Your current F-frame unit mount/enclosure application may require minor adjustments to accommodate PowerPact B due to the smaller physical size of the new circuit breaker.
Two adapter plates are available:
- HJKADAPT: Screw mounted substitution of F-frame circuit breakers
- LV426995: F-frame to PowerPact B-frame 9421 Rotary Handle Conversion Plate Kit
NOTE: This plate conversion also requires a new 9421LB7 operating mechanism and one new shaft kit: 9421LS8 or 9421LS13.
Replacing an F-frame I-Line Installation
No adaption is required if you have an I-Line application. F-frame and PowerPact B I-Line circuit breakers are the same size to ease the retrofit process.
Schneider Electric is committed to supporting your business. Please contact your Schneider Electric representative for further information or to work together in developing modernization plans.