The vaccine’s journey: from a lab to a pinch in your arm
Manufacturing sites will need to run at full speed. Shipments must be tracked and kept secure. And retail sites like pharmacies will need upgraded building systems.
Schneider Electric, the global leader in energy management and industrial automation, can help keep the vaccine supply chain infrastructure reliably powered, physically and cyber secure, and traceable — from end to end. This infographic takes you inside our vaccine supply chain infrastructure.
650 – 850 million
A major production effort
- Consistent facility conditions are maintained through advanced HVAC monitoring and control.
- Reliable power distribution keep production lines operating without interruption.
- Robotics and motion controls uphold aseptic conditions by avoiding need for human workforce.
- Regulatory compliance solutions ensure product quality and enable complete traceability.
-112 °F (-80 °C)
8,000 – 15,000
Getting the vaccine where it's needed
- Flexible control and security solutions support different temperature requirements and prevent unregulated access.
- Scalable conveying and sortation solutions help facilities stay agile and keep shipments moving.
- Industrial IoT-connected devices enable predictive analytics that reduce delays and downtime.
- Traceability solutions track each vial’s location, status, condition, and arrival time.
Administering the vaccine
- Power distribution equipment keeps freezers, medical equipment, and IT infrastructure supplied with clean, reliable electricity.
- Building management systems manage environmental conditions, maintain stable temperatures, and send alerts when set conditions deviate.
- Access systems monitor and control who’s entering freezers and storage rooms.
- Data integrity solutions securely track each vial and who’s received the vaccine, and can then feed data to EMR systems.
We can help every step of the way
Schneider solutions are here for the vaccine's entire journey.
- Reliability: Our expertise is in maintaining stable environmental conditions and providing back-up power in all kinds of mission-critical applications.
- Cyber and physical security: We work with some of the most critical facilities on earth, including pharmaceutical manufacturing, military bases, hospitals, and more.
- Traceability and regulatory compliance: Our data management solutions can label and track batches across their journey, ensuring a stable vaccine from lab to the pinch in your arm.
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.
Search topic-related frequently asked questions to find answers you need.