A temporary generator connection improves your electrical system's reliability and is recommended where one of the following applies:
- Local governing body requiring portable generator connection provisions in addition to the fixed-mounted emergency generators per NEC® article 708.20(F)(6).
- The facility is designated as needing continued operation in the event of a widespread disaster and a temporary connection is acceptable to the governing entity.
- The facility can withstand short-term disruptions to electrical power but a long-term disruption will jeopardize the business.
Meets requirements or complies with:
- Governing entity and authorities having jurisdiction
- National electrical code
- Underwriting agencies and insurance companies
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.
Search topic-related frequently asked questions to find answers you need.