A temporary generator connection improves your electrical system's reliability and is recommended where one of the following applies:
- Local governing body requiring portable generator connection provisions in addition to the fixed-mounted emergency generators per NEC® article 708.20(F)(6).
- The facility is designated as needing continued operation in the event of a widespread disaster and a temporary connection is acceptable to the governing entity.
- The facility can withstand short-term disruptions to electrical power but a long-term disruption will jeopardize the business.
Meets requirements or complies with:
- Governing entity and authorities having jurisdiction
- National electrical code
- Underwriting agencies and insurance companies
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.