- Hope Creek Generating StationThe circuit breakers at this 1,219 MW nuclear power plant had been in use since the facility opened in 1986. After carefully evaluating all options, including whether to refurbish the existing circuit breakers or opt for a total replacement, the decision was made to modernize the existing switchgear with new Masterpact NW direct replacement circuit breakers.Read more
- Retrofill Project Modernizes Electrical Distribution for Auto Manufacturer
Facilities personnel were concerned about a lengthy and costly downtime because of outdated switchgear. The two primary switchgear lineups were installed in the early 1950s. Though still operational, the age of the circuit breakers connected to the 2,000 amp bus in both lineups, along with the elevator-like system used to remove them from the switchgear for maintenance, increased risk for the plant’s electricians.Read more
- Switchgear Survival Guide: Ten Tips to Enhance Electrical Reliability
Facility managers now have another option to consider for the repair vs. replace dilemma. Capabilities exist to modernize and extend the life of the active components, i.e., circuit breakers, while leaving the existing switchgear structure intact. Read the white paper for more information.Read more
Don’t spend too much time and money on aging equipment.Explore our upgrade solutions below!
Switchgear Modernization SolutionsModernize and extend the life of the active components of your switchgear while leaving the existing switchgear structure intact. We have solutions for brand of equipment! Find Out More
Direct Replacement Circuit BreakersCircuit breakers are designed to fit into the existing cubicle with little to no modification to the switchgear cell. Find Out More
Circuit Breaker Retrofill SolutionsThe switchgear cell and bus are modified to accept the new circuit breaker. Find Out More
Motor Control Center UpgradesDirect replacement and retrofit options to upgrade low-voltage motor control centers. Find Out More
Additional Services to Extend Equipment LifeFrom circuit breaker reconditioning to legacy product support, we offer additional equipment life extension solutions to keep your facility running strong. Find Out More
Schneider Electric Services
Less Downtime for Installation
Downtime is minimized when compared with the demolition and replacement of existing equipment.
Enhance Reliability and Reduce Operating Costs
Upgrading to current technology reduces the need to search for difficult to obtain spare parts.
Did you know...
- There is more than $65 billion of obsolete legacy systems worldwide (ARC)
- Two hours of downtime a month costs a typical plant $2.4M a year. (ARC)
- Upgrading is classified as an operating expense and typically easier to fund vs. capital funds .