Acti 9 iPF, iPRD
Type 2 Surge Protection Devices
Discover type 2 Surge Protection Devices of Acti9 system
FeaturesWith exclusive features, Acti 9 iPF & iPRD DIN rail type-2 Surge Protector Devices (SPDs) are definitely geared to absolute safety and improved continuity of service.
- Class-2 insulation : continuous safety for operators and unqualified personnel.
- VISI-TRIP : detects faulty type-2 Surge Protector Devices (SPDs) outgoers quickly and reduces intervention time.
- Maximum discharge current: 8 to 65 kA.
- Surge Protector Device (SPD)/disconnector combinations certified for short-circuit current withstand, Isc, up to 50 kA (IEC 61643-11+ A11, version 2007).
- Maximum continuous operating voltage, Uc = 340, 460 V.
- Suitable for any earthing system: TT, TN-S, TN-C and IT.
- Fixed or pluggable Surge Protector Device (SPD).
- Multiple-pole or single-pole products for assembly.
- Contacts for the remote transfer of end-of-life information.
- For more information click here
Withdrawable cartridges of Acti 9 iPRD Surge arresters allow quick replacement of damaged devices.
It is possible to use multipolar or unipolar products for serial assembly.
The Acti 9 iPRD surge arresters "r" version have dry contacts for transfering remotely the end-of-life information.
The Acti 9 iPRD8 Type 3 is placed in cascade near the loads to be protected.
They should be installed in the secondary panel board, as soon as the distance from the incoming surge arrester is more than 10 meters, to ensure secondary protection.
BenefitsImproved continuity of service and safety due to:
- certified coordination with disconnection circuit-breakers,
- the strength of the connections,
- remote monitoring of protection device state.
- Protection of electrical installations in all industrial and tertiary buildings against induced or conducted surges caused by indirect lightning strokes
- Applications in the residential sector, industrial and tertiary buildings.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service. Browse FAQ