Mô tả Công việc
The Logistics Engineer position is a key member of the Logistics team and will have responsibility for driving our groups to world class performance. The person in this position will be responsible for leading the continuous improvement efforts of their team using the Schneider Performance System. Safety leadership, Quality focus, Customer service and plant productivity are critical to the success of the business and are core responsibilities. Leadership skills and mechanical aptitude are both critical for this role.
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma skills to address complex process opportunities with simple solutions.
- Identify constraints to achieving goals and collaborate to find and implement effective solutions via our SIM (Short Interval Management) process
- Develop cost estimates, determine work standards, and develop and implement improvement within our processes.
- Supports project launch, process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance, line architecture, and material flow implementations
- Define the internal flow architecture based on the principles of the Schneider Production System including global architecture for warehousing.
- Measure and analyze warehouse performance (cost and service) and implement corrective actions
- Works on daily and long-term problems/projects using Quality and SPS tools including PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, CAPEX, SAP, work orders, CAD, etc.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
- Works with other engineers, designers, maintenance technicians, SPVs, and hourly line associates to effectively solve issues, implement solutions, and support IDEA/continuous/Safety/Quality improvement implementation ALL UNDER the Schneider Production System (Schneider Electric’s Lean manufacturing operations model) principles.
- Develops process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solution
Serves logistics operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion -- all via short interval management cycle 1 thru 4 based concepts and processes.
- Bachelor of Science, preferably within Engineering based discipline (Industrial, Mechanical) but will consider Supply Chain or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in Value Stream analysis; Lean concepts (ie. 5S, Line architecture / 2 bin design, material providing and handling / route design, work instructions, etc.)
- Experience with root cause analysis utilizing problem solving tools identifying and correcting issues.
- Ability to drive process and culture change in a mature organization
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership: Driving results through influence and collaboration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; project management experience
- Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate significant potential and mobility for future advancement to higher levels of leadership within manufacturing operations
- Significant knowledge and experience within business software related to Manufacturing and Capacity Planning such as SAP, ACCESS/SQL databases, and Excel
- Demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
- Experience implementing projects resulting in measurable improvement(s) within labor efficiency, material flow, and overall equipment effectiveness