Associate Software QA Analyst
Associate Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst will write and execute test scripts / test scenarios for ASCO Power Technologies’ in-house built web applications like Order Entry, Quotation, Partner Management, Opportunity management, Ticketing and Employee portal. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, review of functional requirements, writing test scripts / scenarios to verify stated and implied requirements, execution of test scripts / scenarios and defect tracking and resolution.
Collaborate with the Development Team, IS/IT Manager, Manager for eBusiness and Director for business systems to identify functional and regression test strategies, and ensure comprehensive risk assessment and test coverage.
- Collaborate with implementation teams, development teams, consulting partners, and business users to develop test scripts and expected results for standard business processes and custom software in all major application modules.
- Perform unit, regression, and performance testing manually or utilizing Schneider Electric approved testing tools. Enter and update scripts, execute scripts and compare to expected results.
- Document, track, and report software defects. Create and manage testing process documents including test planning, test execution, defect, and test scheduling.
- Conduct issue resolution meetings.
- Work closely with Development team and Interns.
- Be connected to the post-implementation incident management process to improve the software quality test scripts and testing process.
- Includes testing of reported issues from existing processes and pre-testing of new processes.
- Coordinate test execution and reporting during the testing lifecycle process
- Working in an agile development environment, proactively work with Development and Project Management team to identify testing needs and schedule the test effort accordingly.
- Manage test plan and test scripts, new and modify test scripts, execute scripts and compare to expected results in response to requests from team members.
- Help develop and maintain training and documentation materials.
- Work in a collaborative environment with end users, implementation team members, and management.
- Help the development team to create and review functional, business, and technical documentations.
§ Bachelor’s degree in software quality assurance, computer science, business, or a related field.
§ 1 to 3 years’ experience testing business applications using automated test tools.
§ Proven experience in SDLC and testing methodologies
§ Proven ability to write documentation.
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced implementation environment.
Proactive; takes the initiative to seek process and performance improvements.
Self-disciplined detail-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or equivalent experience.