BMS Deputy General Manager - Engineering
Digital Buildings – Global Engineering Centre (GEC), BMS Deputy General Manager - Engineering
Our mission in Schneider Electric is to be the
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centres, infrastructure and industries.
We are the . We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared values.
The mission in the GEC is to drive the strategic transformation of the engineering function within the Digital Buildings systems & project business to increase our competitiveness & improve our margins through establishing a collaborative working relationship between the Country and our Global Engineering Centre for BMS in India.
An experienced Team Leader role based in and reporting to the An exciting and challenging Leadership role for DGM to join our team
- Provide Leadership to the engineering team comprising of hardware, software and graphics engineers. Accountable and responsible for engineering delivery. Position GEC as a preferred partner.
- Deliver engineering excellence leading to growth in use of engineering center. Drive a culture of high quality deliverables and engineering excellence.
- Establish work processes and ensure team is following the same. Ability to ensure quality, defect free deliverables, on time deliveries with customer satisfaction. Experience of ISO9001 will be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience working with global stakeholders based in U.S, U.K, Australia. Establish a good connect with internal Schneider Electric stakeholders who are based abroad.
- An experience working abroad in an engineering related role will be an added advantage.
- Ability to interact independently with global customers, understand requirements and translate them to deliverables.
- Well familiar with latest trends in the BMS market. Ability to recommend superior solutions/ alternatives to the stakeholders.
- Weekly resource planning, work assignment to team, prioritization, task allocation. Responsible for utilization of team including cost management. Ensure high productivity in the team.
- Knowledge of DDC programming in proprietary programming platforms, PLC programming in FBD and / or Script or Ladder diagram
- Knowledge of building management system protocols like BACnet, LonWorks, Modbus, OPC and others
- Ability to plan and implement work utilizing engineering standards and technology principles and established company processes and procedures
- Problem solving skills, Issue resolution, root cause analysis, defects tracking and analysis, recommend corrective actions
- Lead hiring activities including conducting candidate interviews, screening profiles.
- Performance management of team.
- Familiarity with standard progress reporting tools and processes will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to HVAC domain systems and applications like Air Handling Units, Chiller/Boiler Systems, Variable Air Volume Boxes etc. and ability to engineer a turnkey solution around them
- Working knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering concepts
- Knowledge of the theoretical / practical aspects of building automation regulations and codes relating to air conditioning and management of air, water plants etc. across different geographies
We at Global Engineering Center - an engineering excellence point of contact that provide turnkey BMS engineering solutions to SE branches across the world - are looking for someone who gets excited by innovation. We need someone who is tech-savvy and is happy to discover as well as learn new systems, is self-driven and confident to work for a value-based organization whose solutions are cutting edge. We need a Leader who is focused, collaborative and passionate about sustainability outcomes.
We do not want to narrow the field; however, we do believe that instrumental to your success in this role will be the following skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation/Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience in BMS software DDC, with know-how of software programming in field of healthcare, life sciences and data center
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Building Management System field working in a Global engineering center with at least 5-7 years in a Team Leader role.
- Ability to lead an remote (offshore) teams situated across time zones
Product Lines: Building Management System (BMS / SCADA / DDC)
B.E Mechanical (HVAC)/ Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation