DevSecOps / ML Ops Engineer
Is your mission to find errors, to evaluate the capability of a software program and make sure it meets the required results? Are you passionate to present your test findings, to ask questions and discuss critical scenarios, while keeping an open, innovative mind? Do you possess the emotional maturity and conversational intelligence to think from the perspective of the end user? Do you firmly believe that your mission to enable quality software is enriching the lives of end users by making their lives easier, better, and positively impacted by your efforts? If you're excited about defining the future of software quality and want to help lead from the innovative edge, we guarantee that your work in our team will be ground-breaking and challenging.
As part of this AI & Automation platform, we are looking for a strong, results-oriented Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) who is capable of designing and building automation frameworks. This platform is built using microservices architecture in a fast-paced agile environment. Releasees will go into production multiple times in a week, hence a comprehensive automated testing suite is a must for this program. As a SDET, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services. You will own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, reusability, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows.
The attractiveness of a platform to end-users comes not from the platform itself but from what they can do with it. Schneider Digital is leading the digital transformation of Schneider Electric by building a highly available, massive scalable AI & Automation platform for the enterprise. As part of this platform team, you will be transforming our business by delivering a world class platform to empower end users with Machine Learning, Conversational User Interface, Robotics Process Automation and Process mining to generate/ augment business value.
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on AWS, cloud-native microservices architecture
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Implement and maintain alert and monitoring stacks.
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Build and maintain highly available production systems.
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
Requirements and Skills
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Good background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience with Docker container and its hosting on AWS using AWS ECS, EKS or Fargate.
- Strong notions of AWS security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, VPC, KMS, etc.).
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, and the ELK stack.
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
- Experience with AWS Messaging and Streaming services.
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g. scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Operational management (e.g. HA/Backups) or RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
- Bachelor or master’s degree in CS, or equivalent practical experience
- Effective communication skills
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.