Field Service Representative - ASCO
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Services, Inc., the exclusive O.E.M. service provider for ASCO Power Technologies, the industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, has an exciting career opportunity for a Field Service Technician for the organization based out of Florham Park, NJ.
A Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible for providing preventative maintenance and repair services on ASCO equipment located at the customer’s establishment. The FST1 is required to have a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components, as well as, a fundamental understanding of the tools and processes required to complete system maintenance and repair activities.
Field Service Technicians are responsible for delivering high quality service and customer satisfaction, as well as, working well with the team and providing support/coverage as per business needs.
Maintenance and repair of Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS):
- Demonstrate basic ATS knowledge, understanding of the sequence of operation and elementary diagram
- Demonstrate an understanding of a one line diagram
- Demonstrate the ability to independently perform startup on all ASCO ATS models, excluding closed transition, softload and medium voltage (MV).
- Demonstrate the ability to connect and communicate with a laptop to download control panel settings and upload firmware upgrades
- Report to jobsite under the instruction of an experienced Field Service Technician to receive on the job training for ATS maintenance, ATS troubleshooting and repair, and ATS start ups
Service Administration and Reporting:
Demonstrate the ability learn applicable business systems, complete all administrative responsibilities and meet established deadlines. This includes but is not limited to,
- Service orders – enter all pertinent job information (e.g., customer, time, actions taken, expenses)
- Business expense and receipt submittal for approval and processing
- Vehicle mileage reports
- Timesheet submission in an accurate and timely manner for approval
- Maintain and perform the annual inventory review accurately and identify replacement parts
- Satisfactory completion of internal safety audit
- Adhere to the Field Operations Employee Handbook, the Field Safety Manual, and the Fleet Vehicle Policy
- Adhere to ASCO’s professional dress code thereby representing ASCO Services appropriately
- Arrive promptly at workplace and customer sites
Complete all training requirements:
Demonstrate the willingness and ability to complete all on-boarding training requirements and annual retraining as needed
- Basic Electrical Safety Training
- CPR / First Aid / AED training
- PPE training
- Complete all assigned online courses
- Complete basic ATS training course
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate in an effective and professional manner with internal and external clients
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Ability and willingness to review emails/answer calls periodically on the weekend
- Travel is required. Willingness to travel outside of assigned territory, including overnight stays, as necessary to meet customer requirements
While performing FST job duties, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, hear and smell. The FST is frequently required to sit, climb or balance. Required vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Must be able to work in an outdoor environment. Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Job related military service (e.g., Naval Nuclear Electricians Mate or Air Force Power Production Technician) Technical School Certification or directly related field experience with Automatic Transfer Switches, Power Control Systems, or other low and medium voltage power applications
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Ability to read and understand electrical one line diagrams
- Ability to use appropriate test equipment to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with Automatic Transfer Switches
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.