Field Service Representative - Montreal
This position is accountable for performing specific engineering work which is related to electrical, mechanical, automation, manufacturing, quality, safety, health & environment, or software applications.
Work on problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
This position will also be accountable to coach and train on complex technical issues and transfer knowledge to FSR’s in conjunction with FS Application Specialist.
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform Field installation and service call for major and/or complex project or when appropriate FSR are not available.
- Provide Field engineering and technical support during execution for Project Supervisors & Field Service Technicians on duty
- Responsible to manage assigned projects.
- Act as Trusted advisor for customer
- Support Engineering HUB as technical lead for FS projects
- Place safety first in all endeavor, be a key player in constantly stepping up our safety culture
- Provide Field engineering solution design collaborating with Tender/Bid Specialist
- Provide engineering support or Lead complex/solution FS projects in a pre-sales role with Outside Sales representative.
- Leads and Influences customer product/project specifications development, promoting most recent and digital/connected technologies (i.e Ecostruxure Asset Advisor).
- Customer technical specification analysis and review.
- Participate in projects costing and quotation, bills of material.
- Leverage internal plants, Ecofit and external suppliers in the preparation of offers
- Actively participate if new offer development through insights gain during field and end users exposure.
- Time management to meet projects deliverables (approval drawings, shop packages, etc..)
- Project follow-up, technical support, after sales support of assigned projects.
- Support of internal and external customers.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Electrical engineering degree
- Professional Engineer, Peng (registered in Quebec Minimum)
- 7 yrs of experience in the field of power distribution (both LV & MV)
- Master Electricians License an asset. 309A minimum.
- Experience in Substation Automation/SCADA is an asset.
- Extensive experience with protection principles & philosophy including implementation & testing of relay protection schemes.
- Experience in networking and communication protocols an asset.
- Experience with Drives, HMI, PLC and industrial automation and control is an asset
- Knowledge of North-American standards applicable to LV & MV equipment.
- Strong knowledge and experience of NETA standards essential
- Experience working with field sales and consulting engineers
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment an asset.
- Proficient with Autocad, MS Office, Protection Relay Software.
- Team player.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills are a must
- Strong business acumen, with great organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Superior customer relations and interaction skills
- Willingness to grow as an individual and part of a team in an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (French/English) is a must
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.