Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician in our Tualatin, OR location.
This position is primarily responsible for the support of manufacturing equipment and all required maintenance tasks associated with it. This position may also be required to perform routine facility maintenance. Installs, maintains, adjust, troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventative and predictive maintenance on various types of electrical and electronic circuitry, and electro-mechanical devices incorporated in manufacturing and process equipment. Installs, maintains, adjusts, troubleshoots, fabricates, repairs, and performs preventative and predictive maintenance on manufacturing and process equipment. Performs general mechanical and electrical maintenance on all facility equipment and structures.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to Manufacturing Engineering.
- Basic microcomputer skills necessary to understand the operation and interfacing characteristics of microprocessors. This includes I/O and interfacing concepts, software interaction, applications, programming languages and techniques.
- Experience in PLC operations to include basic system configurations and hardware, data manipulation, data communications, advanced programming commands, interfacing, troubleshooting, application and program development.
- Installs, maintains, dismantles, repairs, overhauls, and rebuilds electrical, mechanical and electronic equipment and components.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
- Demonstrate an ability to cope in stressful situations, follow SE policies and procedures, and be committed to the task.
- Assist with hands-on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions.
- Places materials, parts, tools, fixtures and equipment in proper locations. Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with the current Attendance Policy.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- 2-year degree in electro-mechanical, electronic technology, or equivalent education AND a minimum of two years of electromechanical work experience OR five plus years of experience in a related field
- Must be familiar with standard recognized troubleshooting practices. Must be able to reference National Electrical Codes
- Must be able to read mechanical blueprints/wiring diagrams or schematics.
Schedule: Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.