Manufacturing Supervisor- 2nd Shift
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Manufacturing Supervisor, 2nd shift Automated Assembly: Shift Operations Monday-Friday 2:30pm to 11:00pm
- Exhibit strong leadership to provide mentoring, direction and supervision to approximately 20-40 hourly staff and group leads.
- Maintain compliance with and support of all Safety, Health, and Environmental rules/regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Have ownership of group performance goals and objectives. Monitor all appropriate KPI and reporting.
- Responsible for supporting Schneider Production System in order Identify, drive, and implement continuous improvement opportunities within the group.
- Act as subject matter expert for assembly in support of Schneider Production System. (Lean Manufacturing methodologies)
- Lead appropriate SIM (short interval management) cycles within the Schneider Production System.
- Maintain production line efficiency (DVC), quality, cleanliness, and safety. Analyzing and evaluating quality and productivity. Providing periodic reports and updates.
- Organize and assign work to ensure it is completed in accordance with internally established procedures, good management practices, quality, and safety.
- Assists in proper coordination of company policies and procedures regarding compliance with such legal activities as the OSHA, Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Program and all aspects of Discrimination and Sexual Harassment.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or related filed required.
- 2 years minimum experience in a manufacturing and/or supervision role, required.
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma knowledge and application, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, effectively communicate both written and verbal, and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Very strong interpersonal skills – including strong conflict resolutions skills.
- Understand all aspect of manufacturing management including work flow, production scheduling, customer service, safety, quality and equipment uptime.
- Proven ability to achieve results
- Supervision of a skilled work force is a plus.
- Experience in high speed, high volume manufacturing operations.
- Have strong working knowledge of PC applications (Windows, Excel, Word, Access, etc)
- Flexible to respond to shifting priorities and ability to effectively prioritize daily tasks.
- Are self-motivated, self-directed with a high sense of urgency and eager to improve surroundings.
- Ability to be self-directed and manage autonomously.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Have a passion for leading people and continuous improvement
- Mobility and willingness to relocate required.
This position requires candidates to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Candidates are required to be able to lift 26 pounds. Working safely and following all safety practices is a condition of employment. Other duties could be assigned.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
You must submit an online application in our Schneider Electric website to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against disability.