This role is an ONSITE position. Only candidates with local driving distance to East Haven or North Haven, Connecticut or are willing to relocate will be considered.
This position may also be eligible for a SIGN ON BONUS.
Provides design and drafting services for assigned projects from the time it is assigned until the time it is shipped from the factory.
- Produce required documentation for fabrication purposes by following industry standards and evaluating manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Provides design information by answering questions and requests.
- Assists engineering in resolving differences between design and fabrication requirements.
- Maintains Product and company reputation by complying with applicable regulations and standards.
- Expected to work with some assistance from other sources such as engineering, project management, purchasing etc…
- Releases custom engineered projects to manufacturing by generating panel layouts and wire run lists.
- Maintains drawings by issuing Engineering Change Notices.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Project Management, Applications, Engineering, Test Technicians, Project Team, and Engineering Management.
Project Management, Sales, Vendors, and Service Technicians.
· Strong Work Ethic: Self-motivated and dedicated to completing the task at hand regardless of setbacks.
· Positive Attitude: Focuses on solutions and opportunities when confronted with difficult challenges.
· Flexibility: Adapts to new situations and readily accepts new challenges when the need arises.
· Stability: Remains calm under pressure.
· Coachable: Open to learning new ideas and able to handle criticism.
· Specific Knowledge:
o Strong spatial recognition skills.
o AutoCAD, Word Processing, Spreadsheets and File Management Software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Education: Trade School Diploma, AAS (Associate of Applied Science) or BSET (Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology)
· Experience: Entry level to two years’ experience in OEM design activities, including experience in Autocad-based drawings or similar.
· Teamwork: Assigned projects require designers working together with both technical and non-technical personnel to meet critical deadlines by utilizing excellent listening skills and willingly supporting coworkers on assigned projects.
· Time Management: Completes assigned tasks within a defined schedule by planning ahead and by being able to set and achieve personal goals and priorities. Able to multitask while identifying and communicating scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
· Problem Solving: Overcomes obstacles in the face of adversity by identifying problems and analyzing patterns or trends in data.
· Detail Oriented: Follows precise procedures and thoroughly completes assigned tasks by using strong follow-up skills.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside an employee’s normal line of work.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.