Renewable Energy & Carbon Advisory Senior Consultant
Job Title: Renewable Energy & Carbon Advisory Consultant Department: Sustainability, Cleantech Services
Schneider Electric is aggressively tackling the issue of climate change by making bold commitments to make its operations carbon neutral by 2025 and net zero carbon emissions by 2030. Beyond our own commitments, our Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) team is one of the world’s leading advisors helping global companies develop their own commitments to curb climate change maintain less than 1.5 deg C temperature rise. As part of Schneider Electric’s Renewable Energy and Carbon Advisory services, this role will support some of the world's largest companies to utilize some of the most powerful solutions available to meet these commitments: renewable energy and emerging energy technologies.
The Renewable Energy & Carbon Advisory Consultant will serve clients with strategic renewable energy and carbon consulting and complex renewable energy transactions (primarily onsite and offsite Power Purchase Agreements “PPAs”). You’ll join a passionate and highly motivated team of experts helping our clients navigate corporate structures and manage diverse groups of stakeholders to execute successful renewable energy and carbon strategies and transactions globally.
What do you get to do in this job?
- Deliver global consulting services, including corporate cleantech and decarbonization strategies, renewable energy solutions, feasibility studies, and global market research for clients.
- Assist clients with successful execution of renewable energy PPAs and other carbon reduction services.
- Work with the supervision of a Senior Consultant to support our customer’s project management processes, including timeline, deliverables, stakeholder management, financial and quantitative decision evaluation and contract negotiations.
- Play an active role in project kick-offs, developer interviews, and management approval meetings by preparing supporting documentation and deliverables and by delivering subject matter expertise.
- Assist with on-going process and materials enhancement
- Support market development through network research, content creation and review.
- 10-25% domestic travel (Covid-dependent)
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Experience in sustainability or renewable energy industry is preferred, including:
- Onsite and/or offsite utility-scale wind and solar development, experience with power purchase agreements strongly preferred.
- Corporate sustainability / social responsibility
- Consulting and advisory work with large corporations
- Project management skills with the ability to track complex contract and project requirements for multiple projects
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Commitment to learning emerging global energy landscapes, technologies, and contractual structures
- High commitment to the company vision, values and excellent customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Location – open to anywhere in the US, office hubs in Boulder/Denver, CO; Louisville, KY
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, effective, and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as valuable for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success—on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D2Av1uUrzY&feature=youtu.be
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.