Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The Manufacturing Engineer position is a key member of the Manufacturing team and will have responsibility for driving our assembly groups to world class performance. The person in this position will be responsible for leading the continuous improvement efforts of their team using the Schneider Performance System. Safety leadership, Quality focus, Customer service, and plant productivity are critical to the success of the business and are core responsibilities. Leadership skills, project management, and mechanical aptitude are critical for this role.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Implement adaptation on the processes and manufacturing workstations for existing products by improving industrial performance using Schneider Performance System techniques and Line Architecture Design Methodology.
- Work across functions (engineering, quality, maintenance, and hourly employees) to effectively solve issues, implement solutions, and support Schneider Performance System.
- Perform regular queue simulation in order to optimize lead times and assure capacity of lines.
- Own and update standardize work instructions.
- Manage in the ERP the updating of material, BOM’s, and routings when modifications are required by engineering or continuous improvement projects.
- Serves manufacturing operations as key support person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion.
- Optimize industrial performance from the Short Interval Management (SIM) on aspects of safety, quality, lead time, and productivity.
- Lead the creation and update of the Process Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (PFMEA) with support of CS&Q. Lead implementation of process evolution.
- Lead and execute projects linked to safety, quality, and productivity using tools such as, but not limited to: PFMEA, Control Plans, 8D, Kaizen, and Line Architecture Design Methodology.
- Coordinate with production and maintenance on existing machine control modifications or installations
- Study the feasibility and profitability of new products/processes/equipment.
- Support Schneider Electric’s Smart Factory initiative to ensure product offering of connected products, edge control, and applications/analytics.
- BSME or BSIE of four-year technical degree
- Experience with 8D problem solving methodology (eg. 5 Whys, Ishikawa diagram), Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; project management experience
- Strong organizational skills including, but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively, and efficiently
- Significant knowledge and experience within business software related to Manufacturing and Capacity Planning such as SAP, ACCESS/SQL databases, and Excel
- Experience implementing projects resulting in measurable improvement(s) within labor efficiency, material flow, and overall equipment effectiveness
- Self-directed, reliable, and results oriented individual who drives results themselves and through others resulting in tangible positive impacts to Key performance indicators
- Experience in process design, ergonomics, simulation tools, cost analysis
- Knowledge in PLC programming and vision systems preferred
- EcoStruxure platform experience preferred
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.