Field Service Representative - Upstate New York
What do you get to do in this position?
A Field Service Representative (FSR) is responsible for providing preventative maintenance and repair services on ASCO equipment located at the customer’s establishment. The FSR is required to have a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components, as well as, a fundamental understanding of the tools and processes required to complete system maintenance and repair activities.
Field Service Representatives are responsible for delivering high quality service and customer satisfaction, as well as, working well with the team and providing support/coverage as per business needs.
Maintenance and repair of Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS):
- Demonstrate basic ATS knowledge, understanding of the sequence of operation and elementary diagram
- Demonstrate an understanding of a one line diagram
- Demonstrate the ability to independently perform startup on all ASCO ATS models, excluding closed transition, soft load, and medium voltage (MV).
- Demonstrate the ability to connect and communicate with a laptop to download control panel settings and upload firmware upgrades
- Report to jobsite under the instruction of an experienced Field Service Representative to receive on the job training for ATS maintenance, ATS troubleshooting and repair, and ATS startups
Service Administration and Reporting:
- Demonstrate the ability learn applicable business systems, complete all administrative responsibilities, and meet established deadlines. This includes but is not limited to,
- Service orders – enter all pertinent job information (e.g., customer, time, actions taken, expenses)
- Business expense and receipt submittal for approval and processing
- Vehicle mileage reports
- Timesheet submission in an accurate and timely manner for approval
- Maintain and perform the annual inventory review accurately and identify replacement parts
- Satisfactory completion of internal safety audit
- Execute installation, maintenance and repair on customer installed base, in a specific delimited know-how.
- Identify new opportunities while attending customer sites to promote Services growth.
- Determine when products should be upgraded or replaced
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate in an effective and professional manner with internal and external clients
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Ability and willingness to review emails/answer calls periodically on the weekend
- Travel is required. Willingness to travel outside of assigned territory, including overnight stays, as necessary to meet customer requirements
- Adhere to the Field Operations Employee Handbook, the Field Safety Manual, and the Fleet Vehicle Policy
- Adhere to ASCO’s professional dress code thereby representing ASCO Services appropriately
- Arrive promptly at workplace and customer sites
Complete all training requirements:
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to complete all on-boarding training requirements and annual retraining as needed
- Basic Electrical Safety Training
- CPR / First Aid / AED training
- PPE training
- Complete all assigned online courses
- Complete basic ATS training course
While performing FSR job duties, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, hear and smell. The FSR is frequently required to sit, climb or balance. Required vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Must be able to work in an outdoor environment. Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Education and Experience:
Job related military service (e.g., Naval Nuclear Electricians Mate or Air Force Power Production Technician) Technical School Certification or directly related field experience with Automatic Transfer Switches, Power Control Systems, or other low and medium voltage power applications
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Ability to read and understand electrical one-line diagrams
- Ability to use appropriate test equipment to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with Automatic Transfer Switches
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
Reports to the District Service Manager / Regional Director
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.