Software Application Engineer
What will you do?
The primary responsibility of this position will include programming of BMS systems and functional testing of BMS systems. This will include designing, implementing, verifying, and maintaining a Library of code throughout its lifecycle. Additional responsibilities will be ownership of software for a system assigned. Individuals in this position must review customer requirements, which include software system development requirements, software and hardware specifications and provide feedback when system Sequence of Operations are not functional from a system standpoint.
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create BMS system programs according to Sequence of operations
- Create functional test and prepare sites for Commissioning agent
- Create and maintain appropriate software documentation, including high-level system descriptions.
- Work independently and collaboratively with a small team to solve technical and market challenges.
- Successfully interact cross-functionally to develop solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies and practices to improve development.
- Maintain working knowledge of emerging concepts and technologies.
- Graphics design using TGML and working in a collaborate environment while following and improving standards
- Resolve software defects and work with technicians in the field to resolve software issues.
What qualifications will make you successful?
- BACnet protocol knowledge along with typical protocol knowledge such as Modbus and of LON
- Development and maintenance experience with one or more graphics platforms
- HVAC mechanical knowledge
- Strong analytical and design skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt and perform in a fast moving and oft-changing environment.
- Wireless network experience - ZigBee Smart Energy a plus.
- Passionate about energy efficiency, energy management, and green technologies a plus.
What's in it for me?
- Career Growth and advancement opportunity
- Exceptional compensation package with bonus
- Excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, PTO, 401K with 6 % match, Stock purchase option, Tuition reimbursement, Wellness Program, company discounts, and much more!
Who will you report to?
This position reports to the Operations Manager, Andover, MA
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.