Application Design Engineer
Description - External
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is responsible for performing order engineering processes and managing day to day order engineering activities for Switchboard and Switchgear products at the Fairfield, OH production plant. This includes reviewing and designing custom switchboards and switchgear, bills of materials, developing drawings, seeking alternative part replacements, and helping production and other production support functions with engineering related activities. Creates opportunities to reduce end to end complexity using 'design for manufacturing' principles. Leverages component reuse and design modularity to improve supply chain and quality performance. Direct and frequent communication and collaboration with teammates and customers, remotely and in person through travel, to develop and enhance product orders and best practices.
- Interact with electrical and mechanical engineering, and manufacturing personnel to meet plant goals.
- Work in a manufacturing environment.
- Analyze customer requests and use power distribution and product knowledge to develop solutions.
- Generate bill of materials and modify designs of standard assemblies as required to suit the application.
- Create electrical and power distribution schematics and other diagrams using AutoCAD.
- Interprets customer technical specs and assists customer in defining detailed application, system, and hardware requirements
- Assists with basic on-site engineering, including: start-up and application commissioning and hardware assembly
- Participates in customer acceptance and application testing
- Reviews Associate Application Engineers’ work to ensure quality and accuracy
- Interfaces with remote resources to ensure high-quality and accurate deliverables
- Attend customer meetings and participate on system related discussions
Qualifications - External
This job might be for you if you have the following skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Power Engineering degree.
- Experience with AUTOCAD or AUTOCAD Electrical drawing software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to design and model parts and assemblies given basic conceptual information.
- Ability to interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel.
- Must be able to effectively utilize time to maintain order schedules.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of low voltage switchboard / switchgear design, installation, and use.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes governing the installation and use of low voltage switchgear.
- Ability to interpret basic electrical diagrams including front elevation, one-line, and schematic drawings.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Familiarity with Modbus and TCP/IP communications protocols, RS485, and Ethernet interfaces.
- Familiarity with basic PLC programming. Familiarity with UL 1558/891 and ANSI C37 preferred.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
What's in it for me?
- Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package which begins on your first day of employment to
support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more!
Who will you report to?
Project Management Manager • Customer Projects & Services
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.