District Service Manager - Pacific Northwest (ASCO)
What do you get to do in this position?
The ASCO Power Services District Service Manager is responsible for scheduling, organizing, and supervising field service execution through Field Service Representatives to ensure the highest levels of service delivery and customer service. Monitor staff skill sets and establish action plan to develop higher levels of technical ability and professional growth.
- Assign technicians and coordinate scheduling of service orders. Work with adjacent supervisors for manpower coverage issues
- Schedule planned overtime requirements and submit to Regional Manager for approval
- Coordinate and assist in training for service technicians on new and existing products and business systems. Also recommend additional training needs to Regional Manager
- Review scope of work with technician when required
- Present territory headcount and equipment issues to Regional Service Manager
- Approve scheduled time off requests for technicians
- Review and approve technician expenses ensuring completeness
- Follow up on audit issues
- Prepare Performance Evaluations for Technicians and provide constructive feedback on a timely basis
- Make recommendations for promotional changes and merit adjustments based on performance and organizational strategy
- Monitor technician service order closeout and validates for accuracy and completeness then advance status to Audit status
- Prepare quotations to customers for service work as required
- Point of contact for customers on PO or billing issues
- Responsible for after-hours response on service calls and keeping the Call Center updated with contact information and availability
- Review T&C's on POs to determine conformance to Company requirements. Escalate to Regional Manager when unsure or unacceptable
- Coordinate Safety program PPE requirements with Safety Administrator
- Responsible for technician adherence to all Safety related policies. Attends third party audit and performs unscheduled Safety audits as required. Ensure technician compliance to safety training course requirements
- Responsible for scheduling physical inventory counts as required
- Coordinate sales opportunities and provides support with local Account Reps when required
- Maintain proper communication with Project Managers to ensure proper execution of service requirements and commitments on startups
- Hold monthly webcast/conf call with technicians regarding issues and topics of interest
- Maintain close working relationship with local ASCO Power sales personnel to maximize customer service
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Strong leadership, organizational, communications skills
- Ability to provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, build morale, coach, and develop subordinates
- Able to understand advanced PCS modifications including manpower requirements, customer expectations, and potential risks during the modification
- Work collaboratively with sales, engineering, project management and the service organization on all technical questions relating to the entire ASCO product line
- Capable of acting as a mentor to the technicians on the entire ASCO product line
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Military or Technical School training in power generation and electrical systems
- BS in Business Management or 4-year technical degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years field service and/or related industry experience
- Capable of managing startup on complex PCS (7000 Series) including external switchboards integrated into the controls scheme, as well as a thorough understanding of the 336, 346, 4000, 946 series PCS a plus
- Modify PLC programming as needed in accordance with ASCO engineering direction a plus
- Able to coordinate service, installation test and troubleshoot products including, Vpi, 5700 and 5900 series CPMS
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective, and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
ReReports to the Regional Director
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.