Software Center of Excellence R&D Director
Schneider Electric Process Automation R&D has an opportunity for a Software Center of Excellence R&D Director.
We are seeking an experienced software leader for our Process Automation R&D team. This role reports to the Vice President of Process Automation R&D.
This position will build and lead the Software Center of Excellence (CoE). A dynamic global leader is sought to create a scalable and agile organization to deliver best-in-class software products. The leader will develop and foster a community of best practices, will provide overall technical strategy (tools, technology, roadmaps) for software, will enable cross-pollination of skills, expertise and knowledge and will provide for ongoing career development and growth for the team members.
The leader will work with other CoEs (Firmware and Hardware) and business leaders to deliver projects of value for the process automation industry. Effective collaboration is essential. You will work with R&D directors and other business leaders to drive a cohesive strategy and roadmap for continuous organizational improvement.Working with other parts of the organization, the leader will drive increasing our digital capability. They will drive us to enhance our solutions by developing competencies in and using new technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), cloud solutions and data analysis. This will help drive and accelerate our digital growth not just in software, but also in our entire offer suite.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Developing Innovative Software solutions
- Scope – Foxboro DCS, Foxboro SCADA, Process Instrumentation and Remote Operations
- Capacity and competency planning for Application Software CoE team members and partners
- Manager and individual skill development
- Manager and individual career development and growth
- Recruit team members globally
- Work with business leaders to coordinate and prioritize projects for Process Automation
- Establish and continuously improve common tools and practices
- Work to create common platforms including larger Industrial Automation platforms
- Prepare workforce for future needs by product roadmap and technology roadmap
- Manage common service providers, partners, and contractors
- Drive efficient and effective resource utilization
- Contribute to Innovation and Technology Teams to foster and support technological innovation
- Engineering degree, Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or similar advanced degree is beneficial.
- Extensive experience managing software teams.
- Experience leading software managers and/or global teams is a plus.
- Proven leader in a R&D development organization that works in a cross functional organization delivering integrated software solutions with firmware and hardware teams.
- Familiarity with software development processes
- Experience working in the process automation industry is very beneficial
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.