SEE 3D Panel Engineer
The Order Engineering Team is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support the SEE Electrical team by developing and maintaining mechanical models and drawings for low voltage wiring compartments. The candidate is responsible for designing pans and assemblies for our Medium Voltage products, implementing designs into the SEE platform, and supporting product introduction at our manufacturing facilities.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop 3D model libraries for our Switchgear products using Creo and SEE 3D Panel+
- Design customer orders in SEE 3D Panel+ by assembling sheet metal mounting pans with electrical components to enable wire routing determination
- Maintain 3D model libraries as equipment product designs are updated
- Drive continuous improvement of the model creation and maintenance processes
- Assist with future activities to automate the design process for customer orders
A successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders across different departments and facilities, and an initiative to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering or a related field
- Prefer 3+ years of related work experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with 3D modeling – preferably Creo
- Good product knowledge in medium voltage electrical distribution equipment
- Knowledge of Engineer-To-Order mechanical design processes
- Experience with wiring practices in a manufacturing environment
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.