Key Account Manager
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- This isn’t about selling widgets. It’s about creating bold, technological solutions for unique customer challenges, in collaboration with our engineers. Every day, you’ll tackle a different challenge that ultimately brings us all closer to smarter homes, cities, facilities and grids. You’ll be on the front lines of deploying the electrical infrastructure of the future. It involves listening to your customers and offering solutions that serve their long-term needs. Read our U.S. Country President’s blog post on our customer-centric selling philosophy. This will give you more insight into how we approach the sales process.
- Every project and customer is different. Our customers have all kinds of life-altering challenges to solve. One customer might have a new wing of their hospital they need to supply with reliable and efficient power. Another customer might have a critical data center they operate for an emergency response agency. Our customers range across the spectrum of global commerce: residential and commercial buildings, data centers, industrial sites, and infrastructure. Across all of it, we make electricity greener, smarter, and more reliable.
- Learning every day is key. Our technology matures and our customers’ needs change all the time. We work at the vanguard of the new energy landscape, which is getting more decentralized, digitalized, and decarbonized by the day. It’s an exciting space that’s taking on one of the biggest societal challenges of our time: sustainability. If you have an intellectual passion to continue learning, you’ll fit right in.
What Do You Do Every Day?
- Become a trusted advisor with assigned Electrical Contractors and End Users across several market segments to influence and guide the design of large, complex electrical distribution
- Solution sales comprised of Medium Voltage, Low Voltage Distribution, Motor Control, Power Switching (ASCO), Automation, Digital Power, Services and Power Monitoring engineered-to-order equipment used to distribute, automate, monitor and control a customer’s electrical network.
- Connect Electrical Contractors and End Users to cutting-edge offers, applications and tools to help them achieve their project milestones.
- Consult with Owners, Estimators, Service Department Staff, Facility Engineers, Channel Outside Sales to bring awareness of Schneider Electric innovations to market.
- Work with teams of Inside Sales, Quotation Specialists, Project Managers, Channel Managers, Account Managers, Business Development, Services, Strategic Accounts, Industrial Automation Specialists, Consulting Engineering Specialists, Offer Management, and Supply Chain to deliver solutions that solve customer needs.
- Interpret electrical plans and specifications to develop winning proposals to clientele.
- Drive strategic growth at assigned accounts. This role serves as the lead interface for demand generation for contractors and end users in the marketplace.
- Understands the client deal landscape - from prospecting, lead generation, specification, proposal, negotiation, closing to delivery. Actively engages and manages channel partners to increase likelihood of sales success for Schneider Electric target accounts.
- Exceed sales and profitability metrics to assist in achieving Schneider Electric’s ambitions for growth in assigned market.
- Advanced to expert understanding of Schneider Electric’s software, cloud analytics and services story for contractors and facilities as it relates to their own digital and sustainability goals.
Who are we looking for? - This job might be for you if:
- 3+ years relevant sales experience preferred.
- A bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, Communications or Business is preferred. A combination of education and/or relevant experience will be considered.
- Advanced experience in electrical distribution or energy management industries Experience selling through distribution and to trade professionals with emphasis on C-Suite executive relationship building.
- Advanced experience with any of the following: low voltage electrical distribution, medium voltage electrical distribution equipment, automation, controls, or energy management technologies. Familiarity with Square D Power Distribution Equipment such as busway, panelboards, transformers, switchboards, electrical components, surge protective devices, paralleling switchgear, services, and software preferred.
- Advanced experience with consultative sales methodologies.
- You are a builder. You understand human motivation and create enduring relationships with customers based on trust.
- You learn every day. You are curious and have a passion for learning. You share that passion through coaching and training peers and customers.
- You believe customers are first. You possess interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers of various technical abilities.
- You embrace different. Different is beautiful. You are highly collaborative and thrive in a matrix organization filled with diversity of backgrounds, experience and perspectives.
- You act like an owner. This is your company. You self-manage, multi-task, and achieve results in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- You dare to disrupt. Good should never good enough, so you make bets, act fast, and take risks but never at the expense of ethics or safety.
- You lead by influence to inspire both peers and partners.
- You are digitally savvy. You expand your digital competencies to increase both personal effectiveness and those of your customers.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€34bn global revenue
128 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.