Description - External
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software, and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.
(Internal job description starts here)
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Process Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa? This is an excellent opening for you to lead manufacturing process initiatives at Schneider Electric. If you’re passionate about engineering in the factory environment, this job is a fit for you!
What will you do?
The Cedar Rapids Plant manufactures electrical contacts for circuit breakers and switches, and these contacts are then welded to electrical terminals. This position is responsible for performing a variety of engineering work related to controlling our manufacturing process, quality, and safety. It requires strong problem-solving skills and industrial analysis for the manufacturing environment. You may also:
- Utilize continuous improvement methodology to improve internal industrial processes
- Explore complex problems using data analysis and other LEAN / Six Sigma tools
- Manage projects and lead the development of manufacturing processes
- Ensure product records are structured to support effective control of documents
- Implement new IIoT offerings to leverage data-driven problem solving
- Carry out root cause analysis and arrive at the best solutions
- Create and modify plant layouts to maximize performance and optimize material flow
- Develop and implement industrial processes which conform to safety standards and SPS principles (Schneider Production Systems)
- Perform material planning analysis and implement strategies
- Estimate and track capital expenses
- Develop performance and conformance testing plans
- Demonstrate knowledge of industrial standards and safety requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Engineering)
- Background in Quality, Industrial, and/or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience using Lean/Six Sigma tools and methods (Green Belt preferred)
- Experience with quality control tools (SPC, PFMEA, Control Plan, Gauge R&R, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings (GD&T preferred)
- Ability to enable IIoT and smart systems implementation
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must have strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Must have a solid work ethic – which honors responsibility and commitment
- Must have strong communication and team collaboration skills (English language)
- Must have familiarity with MS Office and CAD software (Creo or AutoCAD preferred)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. Learn more about Schneider electric on our website (https://www.se.com/) or our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/schneiderelectric).
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.