Project Manager (Hyerperscale Data Center)
Great People make Schneider Electric a great company.
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose and that continuously creates an inclusive environment where you are empowered to do your best and be innovative?
The Role: Project Manager – DC Regional Application Center Japan
We are looking for Project Manager to handle Secure Power projects in Japan.This role is accountable for managing complex multi-functional and/or multi-company product or services program customers. We are looking for people with the right mix of talent and agile - with proven self-leadership skills, strong analytical, communication skills, and individuals with the ability to work in a team setting are strongly encouraged to apply.
What will you do?
This position is responsible to systematically drive Project Management standardization, excellence in planning and execution of turn-key Mission Critical Infrastructure projects. Primary responsibilities include deploying consistent project management practices, adapting the Schneider project management methodology to region and country needs and rolling them out to ensure customer success and profitability of projects. This role will also be key in developing a culture of assessing risks on projects and managing them proactively.
This individual would oversee the deployment of standard tools to manage projects which will formalize project initiation, approval and execution processes. This position will work with the country project teams in joint customer engagements with Sales and pre-sales teams to ensure customer success.
This individual will drive the establishment of a recurring revenue stream from multi-location Mission Critical Infrastructure project management programs by packaging and offering Schneider services with 3PP if applicable while directing and supervising implementation of multi-location projects.
Who would be successful?
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent ( Electrical/Mechanical Engineering an advantage )
- Certification and some technical training covering Generator Systems, MV & LV Systems, Large UPS Systems, Chiller Systems, Fire Protection Systems etc would be added advantage.
- At least 7-10 years project management experience in the Mission Critical Infrastructure with both hands-on and supervisory level.
- Knowledge of some local installation Standards and Authorities Requirement.
- Certification of 1st Class Construction Managing Engineers in Japan. ( Electrical or Plumbing work )
- Comprehensive and In-depth understanding of customer’s Mission Critical Infrastructure, Power (MV & LV), cooling (incudling chillers) and associated needs and issues of customers operating in a multi-location environment.
- Proven skills in Mission Critical Infrastructure Best Practice Solution including Services and developing value propositions.
- Demonstrate an ability and methodology to develop, mentor and motivate services team.
- Demonstrate methodical work organization.
- Strong communicator – both written and verbal in technical and non-technical environment.
- Native Japanese and Conversational English skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Excellent business ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrates flexibility in operational style to meet the requirements or multi-culture position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to use and have basic skill in Visio and/or AutoCad and web based applications.
What’s in it for me?
- Family care leave
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
- €25.7bn global revenue
- 137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
- 45% of revenue from IoT
- 5% of revenue devoted for R&D
Video Link: https://youtu.be/J0cFSdFpI24
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.