Safety, Health & Environmental Specialist
What will you do?
- Establishes and maintains occupational, health, and environmental programs that comply with applicable regulations and company policies and procedures
- Audits established programs and procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate/Plant Policies and Procedures
- Conduct hazard analysis and job safety analysis to ensure proper use of machinery and equipment, personal protective equipment, and procedures
- Develops and prepares reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Assesses ergonomic issues; develops and implements programs related to the physiology of cumulative trauma disorders
- Identifies opportunities to increase functional safety/environmental productivity by utilizing personal computer technology
- Maintain Occupational Health, Environment and Safety Management System to conform to ISO14001 and ISO45001 standards
- Perform a variety of engineering work in designing, operating, and maintaining measuring apparatus necessary to determine the level of pollutants involving air, land and water and other monitoring equipment such as sound level meter, light meter and force gauge
- Ascertain level of pollution and recommend appropriate action to management to assure conformance with federal, state and local legislation and regulations regarding environmental control
- Coordinate with HR to monitor and review active work comp claims and issues
- Serve as liaison between injured employees and medical staff to ensure timely response and continued care
- Lead Emergency Response Team
- Serve as a liaison between the company and regulatory agencies concerned with environmental, safety and health control
- Perform tests or experiments requiring the use of non-standard procedures and complex instrumentation
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Have a four year degree in Safety/Environmental/Health, IE, ME, CE or equivalent
- Must possess language skills/abilities to effectively write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Ability to operate a PC on a wide-area-network using Windows environment and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint) are required
- 1-3 years experience in Safety, Health and Environmental field
- Ability to work well individually or with others
- Organizational, motivational and mechanical abilities, as well as good communication skill
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work. General instructions provided on new assignments. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on assignments.
- Experience with plating (Ni, Sn, Zn) and waste water treatment or equivalent chemical experience and/or education
- Certified in Industrial III level wastewater treatment facility operator for the State of Nebraska or receive certification within 12 months of hire date.
- Must be able to work around chemicals, hazardous waste and all types of equipment safely
- Ability to access all areas of the plant
- Visual requirements to perform safety inspections, monitor chemicals, provide training, create powerpoints, etc
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with outside Government and other organizations, all levels of employees, customers, and vendors
Who will you report to?
Safety, Health & Environment Manager
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.