Safety, Health, Environment Engineer
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Safety, Health, and Environment Engineer with dual responsibility in our Fairfield, OH and our Oxford, OH location. You will be primarily accountable for promoting the importance of a strong safety and environmental culture by providing training and establishing/directing programs.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Develop and publish safety and environmental programs consistent with regulations and company policy
- Perform job hazard analysis to identify loss potential of our systems and processes
- Review and interpreting loss data to discover causative agents and recommending appropriate corrective actions
- Review and revise location standards, policies and practices as necessary to assure they are current and in concert with company and/or regulatory requirements
- Review and evaluate technical developments to measure applicability to our processes
- Train associates, supervisors and other employees in the areas of general safety and environmental awareness, specific program requirements and specific job requirements
- Maintain required records, prepare reports and files as necessary to meet corporate and regulatory requirements
- Utilize approved measurement procedures, such as cost stats and work sampling to evaluate performance
- Conduct plant inspections; audit implementation by effected personnel
- Organize and coordinate emergency response
- Conduct ergonomics assessments and implement solutions
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree
- Desire to lead peers through progressive change
- Have ability to change with a dynamic workload: From heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads - to very focused, detail-oriented work during critical projects
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required
- Are punctual/timely
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have apt interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Proficiency in professional and engineering PC applications
- Are self-motivated
- Experienced in problem resolution
- Have a strong initiative to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- 3 years’ experience in safety & environmental or engineering role
- Knowledge of ISO 14000 & OHSAS standards
- Possess knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.