Safety, Health and Environmental Engineer
Schneider Electric has an exciting opportunity for a Safety, Health, and Environmental Engineer in our Huntington, Indiana location. This position will ensure the manufacturing location complies with all applicable Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) requirements (e.g. State, Federal, and Schneider-Electric).
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. https://youtu.be/4EtpkB0cuXE
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The SH&E Engineer will provide EHS support to operations including engineering, manufacturing, and non-manufacturing. You will be an integral part of the Huntington manufacturing operations and the Safety and Environment function and will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to establish the necessary programs to ensure excellent overall results in the environment, health, safety, and sustainability.
It is envisioned that you will promote the importance of a strong environment, health and safety culture by providing training and establishing/directing EHS programs. You must display good communication, planning, and management skills.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Ensure employees and operations maintain compliance with all environment, health and safety regulations; and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Assist in maintain appropriate metrics, evaluate data trending, and provide data input to management reviews, with a view to continuous improvement and enhancement of EHS performance.
- Assist with the implementation of EHS policies, practices, guidelines, and procedures. Identify location-specific requirements for each area and participate in the development of related programs and policies.
- Assist in developing training programs and conduct training to comply with regulatory corporate EHS initiatives.
- Supervise the incident/accident investigation process including root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Conduct environment, health and safety audits and risk assessments. Participate in external EHS compliance audits and loss prevention audits.
- Coordinate the completion of all corrective actions with site personnel resulting from risk assessments, compliance audits or loss prevention audits.
- Liaise with facilities maintenance and property management personnel to ensure appropriate fire and life safety controls are in place and maintained.
- Oversee required permitting submissions for air, water, and land jurisdictional requirements.
- Serve as a site contact point for government inquiries relating to EHS.
- Lead the site safety committee.
- Participate in the site’s Continuous Improvement/Lean/5S activities.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Environment, Health and Safety Management or equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in an environment, health and safety position, preferably with experience in manufacturing environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to successfully work independently and communicate with senior management.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of environment, health and safety guidelines and regulations; a good working knowledge of health and safety engineering, and a highly-refined understanding of the issues related to manufacturing and delivery/service environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Ability to understand and apply Federal, State and local regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must have ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Experience in electrical safety, machine guarding, training and ergonomics a plus.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.