Schneider Internship - Industrial Design (June 2021)
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Industrial Designer Intern in our Franklin Hb location, 6700 Tower Circle, Suite 120, 150, 400-800, Two Franklin Park, Franklin, TN 37067, United States.
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven by a passion for industrial design. You are collaborative and creative. Join our team to design the next generation of energy management solutions to create a more sustainable future.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Supporting the Industrial Design team from the Franklin Schneider electric Design Lab, in the management of brand design:
• Translate user needs, technical realities, brand attributes and business needs into compelling products, solutions or user experiences
• Participate in weekly design project reviews, presenting the key projects of the North America design labs.
• Provide support in the areas of design conception, functional and aesthetic mock-ups.
• Collaborate and work closely with the other design labs within the group.
• Add value to the team by expressing a unique point of view on the design brand strategy.
• undertake design projects which have been assigned to the design lab (concept, project, mock-up) under the responsibility of the manager.
• Collaborate through positive communication between R&D, marketing, and the external agencies.
• Bring creativity to the project team with the support of our design charters and manager.
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven by a passion for industrial design. You are collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills:
• at least 3 years in Industrial Design study;
• having integrated design in the strategy of product conception and graphic design;
• Some knowledge of the manufacturing process and product development life cycle;
• Some capability in hands-on model making and 3D CAD (Rhinoceros and Keyshot);
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills (Sketching, visualistion skills, graphic design, Adobe Suite)
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.