Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer (SEE) is responsible for:
- Developing design proposals, specifications, drawings, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost implications, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
SEE will identify the project requirements, provide design solutions to meet the customer and site requirements, and ensure the customer’s best interests are protected during the project.
SEE will provide design solutions to meet the customer and site requirements, and ensure the customer’s best interests are protected during the project. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Facilitate meetings and interviews with customer and sub-consultants.
Able to handle different type of projects, customer projects, R&D projects and quick efforts, quality support, services support.
- Tender Phase:
- Participates in the programming of the project with the customer or customer representative to understand and document the owner’s project requirements. Influence on solution to drive.
- Understand the codes and ordinances local to the opportunity/project.
- Solutions Development: Provide appropriate design documents to support the proposal and allow the estimating team to assemble cost for the proposal. These design documents should identify at a minimum the following as applicable:
- Identification of major infrastructure equipment
- Bid specifications for the major/long lead equipments.
- Sapace and site layout.
- Systems diagrams (SLDs), load calculations.
- Provide review of major equipment quotes for technical compliance from vendors. (Estimating team shall be responsible for soliciting and gathering the quotes)
- Provide estimate to develop the final design documents and construction administration as appropriate for the project.
- Solicit, review, and approve sub-consultant proposals to provide a complete set of design documents for the project.
- Provide the technical narrative for the critical infrastructure to be incorporated into the proposal.
- Design Phase
- Perform code analysis for the project.
- Take the lead for the basis of design for the project, including redundancy requirements, detailed design, detailed calculations, validate product selection, etc.
- Engineering support function, supporting requests from other engineering teams, factory, commisiong, sub-contractors, services, site support.
- Support on System sequence of operation (SOO)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Construction Phase
- Provide support and response to request for information and factories support.
- Validate internal and external factories & subcontractors design, i.e. approval for multiwiring diagrams.
- Participate in recurring construction meeting as required.
- Assist the construction team during construction team for clarification, changes, corrections, value engineering, etc.
- Provide assistance to the construction team for change order requests
- Provide as-builts drawings at the end of the project from redlines provided by the construction team and site verification
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Attend new products trainings and events to improve knowledge and capabilities.
- Prepare and schedule trainings as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) to other engineers
- Social media, internal networking, ability to work in internations environment. Teamwork skills.
- Being familiar with a variety of the field´s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Travel to customer sites experiencing issues to support the technical resolution .
- Participate in Offer Safety related meetings.
EDUCATION, EXPERINCE & SKILLS
- Good English speaking, written and verbal skills
- Good Communication skills
- Good capability to work in a Multi Discipline Engineering team
- Good acknowledge on Schneider portfolio.
- Good capability to work with Microsoft tools, REVIT & CAD.
- 5 years of experience in Power Systems Design.
- Data Center design experience.
- Experience on simulation tools such as SKM, ETAP or Easypower.
- Experience with Generators, UPSs, Schneider Electric & APC products background, desired.
- Electrical panel design experience Prisma, Okken, Blockset background.
- Grounding designs as per IEC, IEEE & TIA 607-B standards.
- Background in MV designs is a plus.