Senior Electromechanical Engineer (Battery)
The position of 'Senior Electromechanical Engineer - Battery' in the product development team would be responsible for creating high value Lithium Battery Packs & associated products for various applications. The role will be of an individual contributor working on the electromechnical parts and assemblies of the battery system with interaction with cross functional teams.
Education & Overall Experience: B.E/BTech in Mechanical – with 6 to 8 year’s experience.
- Hand’s on Experience in electromechanical designing of Lithium Ion battery packs/modules.
- Design of Cell holder and module layout for cylindrical/pouch/prismatic cells.
- Terminal design – material specification, cell interconnection, wiring, welding and drawing representation.
- Mounting of BMS/communication PCB’s to the cell holders.
- Connections of sensors and BMS PCB boards to the mechanical unit.
- Hand’s on experience in designing enclosures for battery packs for various Ingress protections (IP20, IP55 or higher).
- Understanding of semi automated/automated Battery production processes.
- Expertise in part design for plastic injection moulding, sheet metal and weldments.
- Exposure to Thermal management would be an added advantage.
- Rapid prototyping with plastics and metals would be an added advantage.
- Able to specify coating, paint requirements.
- Minimum 3 to 4 year’s working experience on Creo modelling and drafting (sheet metal, plastics).
- Simulation Tool experience on Creo Simulation, ANSYS.