Software Sales Executive - NY Metro
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Software Sales Executive/Subject Matter Expert in our New York/New Jersey Territory.
Schneider Electric is accelerating the growth of our award winning EcoStruxure Software suite by adding a Software Sales Executive in the New York / New Jersey territory.
EcoStruxure IT revolutionizes the way IT and data center professionals monitor and manage their critical IT infrastructure on-premise, in the cloud, and at the edge.Our vendor-neutral architecture delivers a new standard for proactive insights on critical assets that impact the health and availability of an IT environment with the ability to deliver actionable, real-time recommendations to optimize infrastructure performance and mitigate risk.
This role will be considered a subject matter expert for all commercial activity related to our software offers in the stated geography. This is a hybrid sales role: direct, overlay and channel, that is tightly aligned with the Schneider Electric sales teams within the territory.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Represent Schneider Electric data center and edge management software.
- Responsible for sales growth and revenue targets in the territory.
- Engage and develop end user client companies directly via your existing contact network and proactive initiative.
- Leverage existing Schneider Electric install-base and strength of the Schneider Electric brand. Partner with account reps within all Schneider Electric business units to target Fortune 1000 named accounts.
- Team with channel partners to engage midmarket customer base and generate revenue.
- Partner with the Schneider Electric Inside Representative and Sales Engineer to grow the territory and drive revenue against sales targets.
- Promote upsell opportunities to the existing client base for licenses and services to grow the software and related services within existing customers
- Solve customer problems and participate in key negotiations.
- Assist with planning of Sales Strategy within the territory.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience.
- 7+ years of sales experience technical software solutions into Fortune 1000 companies utilizing a consultative selling approach.
- Deep understanding of IT and/or infrastructure monitoring software and related hardware.
- Basic understanding of IT networking concepts, virtual computing and ITSM.
- Ability to work proactively on your own initiative, as well as in a multi-faceted team environment
- Ability to travel 50%+, weekdays and weekends as needed.
- Existing contact network and ability to hit the ground running.
- Can work from a home office.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.