Solution Architect, Edge (Telecommute)
- Technical leadership responsibility for two to three concurrent projects that require significant custom software design and deployment. For each project to which he/she is assigned, the Solution Architect should have a full understanding of implementation requirements and how multiple pieces of the implementation will fit together.
- Work with Project Managers to define the best technical approach to meet customer business requirements using one or more Schneider software offerings
- Lead project requirements gathering workshops and develop resulting documentation
- Lead the design and documentation of proposed customer solutions based on defined requirements
- Help ensure pieces of the implementation developed by different analysts or partner companies will operate correctly when installed together
- Work directly with other groups within the Delivery organization to develop and validate proposed solutions and designs
- Lead solution design review sessions and obtain design approval from customers
- Leadership responsibilities include providing technical guidance to other members of the department
- Prepare project analysis, design, functional and interface specification documentation
- Support the development and maintenance of group expertise of the utility business, workflows, and applicable technologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or geography (or related field with computer emphasis), with 5+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development preferably in the Utility industry.
- Clear knowledge and experience designing and implementing solutions for one or more utility domains
- Proven capability in Software and System Development, System Integration, Documentation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and Service Processes, and SCADA technology including an understanding of RTUs, PLCs etc.
- Experience developing end-user applications and interfaces with an object-oriented programming language, such as C# for both the desktop and web.
- Experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server preferred.
- Experience with DSM (demand side management) or customer engagement software solutions
- Experience working with electric, gas, water and wastewater utility companies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally