Product Transport Systems Now Up to 50% More Flexible with Next Generation Multi Carrier
- Lexium MC12 from Schneider Electric improves automation machine performance and flexibility by up to 50%
- Reduces design and time to market by up to 30%
- Enables up to 50% faster installation and commissioning
Schneider Electric, the World’s Most Sustainable Corporation in 2021 as ranked by Corporate Knights and the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, has launched the Lexium MC12 multi carrier for transporting, grouping, and positioning products within industrial operations. The new multi carrier combined with digital twin technology is designed to address the increasing need for agility and faster time to market in product transport systems.
The digital twin software minimizes commissioning costs and improves design and test processes and quality. Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) can now design, test, and optimize the system without the need for physical machinery. Using a digital multi carrier model created for simulation provides an entirely new level of flexibility and efficiency for operations and maintenance. New products can be tested virtually, reducing the time-to-market exponentially.
“Using EcoStruxure Machine from Schneider Electric, including the next‐generation Lexium MC12 multi carrier system, will mean our operations are much more easily integrated,” said Federico Scornaienchi, Export Manager, Livetech. “Our machines will be faster, more modular, and have a smaller footprint that saves us 30–40% in costs and gives us a 50% faster changeover time. We can also better service our leading multinational customers in the food industry with easier maintenance provided by a high-performance digital solution.”
With independently programable modules and accuracy on curved segments, OEMs, machine builders and end-users can expect:
- Up to 50% increase in machine performance and flexibility
- Up to 30% reduction of design and time-to-market
- Up to 50% faster machine installation and commissioning
- Up to 40% savings on investment costs
- Up to 20% savings on footprint
More reliable and easier to install machines
“Multi carrier solutions are paving the way for innovative machine designs that reduce footprint, add flexibility, and integrate modern diagnostics into highly efficient machines,” said Ali Haj Fraj, SVP, Digital Plant and Machine Solutions, Schneider Electric. “The Lexium MC12 is a new generation of linear transport systems and part of EcoStruxureTM Machine — the open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform from Schneider Electric. Now machine builders can use one tool for engineering and lifecycle management for: logic, motion, safety, variable speed drives, digital load management, robotics—and now multi carrier transport solutions.”
Lexium MC 12 installation can be done directly onsite without any special tools. During track creation, segments can be assembled and fixed on a plain surface. No stands or holders are needed. Power and fieldbus are looped through with interconnection elements without additional wiring. In the inner loop, there are no cover plates or constructive elements, which allows easy mounting of mechatronic elements like robots or process stations.
To help optimize maintenance and reduce unplanned downtime, the solution’s linear motion technology also provides a higher level of diagnostic capabilities. By centralizing diagnostics, each machine’s components can be easily analyzed. Deviations can be detected before any issue occurs. Machine builders and operators can remotely track, monitor, and fix their machines, as well as provide new after-sales services with the Lexium MC12 coupled with EcoStruxure Machine Advisor, a digital cloud-based services platform.
Advanced machine design and maintenance
Industrial machines are achieving greater sustainability, new flexibility, easier serviceability, and simplified maintenance with the Lexium MC12, including:
- Flexibility to allow more formats/products to run on the same machines
- Simplified change-over operations
- Differentiated diagnostics
- Less wear-prone parts
- Easier service through single segment change and quick carrier replacement
- Auto configuration of replaced segments of new or additional carriers
- Fast and simplified restart / start-up of machines by carrier position recognition
- Resistance to many cleaning agents, meets the requirements of the protection class IP65
- Combines quick mounting and demounting of carriers with a high payload
Visit Schneider Electric Insights Portal by clicking HERE