Single phase electronic sectionalisers
Schneider Electric single phase electronic sectionalisers, type SAX, are intelligent mechanisms designed to distinguish between temporary and permanent faults that usually occur in overhead MV distribution.
Main SAX characteristics
- Automatic air isolation, coordinated with an auto-recloser or circuit breaker.
- Electromechanical trip, no spare parts are needed. Fire risks are eliminated by the normal chemical striker, which is subject to the environmental conditions.
- Detection of single-phase, two-phase and three-phase faults.
- Up to 36 kV.
- Threshold from 10 A up to 140 A.
- Opening at the second or third cycle of the circuit breakers or auto-recloser (programmed in the factory).
- On-load breaking by means of suitable hook-stick.
- Outdoor service.
SAX improves network quality and gives continuity to the electrical supply in overhead distribution network, simply and free of maintenance.
- As an alternative to the fuse cut-out. As it doesn’t depend on fuse curves, overcurrent coordination problems are avoided.
- as an overcurrent protection device for outdoor transformer centres, mainly in areas with high keraunic level.
- In networks with lots of faults or with difficult access. It should be installed at the beginning of the branch, avoiding operations caused by transient faults, which are usual with the fuse cut-out.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Can’t find what you are looking for?Reach out to our customer team in your country or region if you have any questions or need more details or technical support. Contact support
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services