Easergy MiCOM P44x is complemented by various serial and Ethernet communication protocols including IEC 61850 and a multi-language HMI featuring English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Chinese. Protection is further enhanced by the use of Programmable Scheme Logic within the device.
The range offers quadrilateral (polygon) or mho characteristics with a long history of high performance, load blinding areas, comprehensive range of teleprotection schemes, Power swing alarm and blocking and Multishot autoreclosure with check synchronism. Easergy MiCOM P44x series with Process Bus and PTP1588 offers a solution compliant to latest standards of IEC 61869 and IEC 61850 9-2 LE including PRP redundancy and cyber security.
Housed in 40TE, 60TE or 80TE, 4U case sizes, this advanced distance protection range has fault clearance times of 0.7 to 1 cycle depending on model. Easergy MiCOM P441, P442 and P444 operate on Quadrilateral distance characteristics, whereas Easergy MiCOM P443, P445 and P446 offer both Quadrilateral and Mho distance characteristics.
Latest communication protocols & Ethernet Redundancy
Fully Equipped with the latest communications protocols (IEC61850 Ed1 & Ed2 available in the same device, selection by setting).
Maximum availability and reliability of Ethernet communications thanks to the implementation of PRP/HSR standard redundancy protocols with an instantaneous recovery time (0 ms) in case of network failure.
Dual IP address allows the device to be connected to 2 independent communication networks (e.g, SCADA system network & Maintenance network)
Universal IRIG-B input (automatically detects modulated or unmodulated signal)
Major enhancement to Cybersecurity
Operational & Cybersecurity, compliant to IEC 62351, helps protect installations with security based on embedded features such as Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Port Hardening, Security Logs and Access Traceability. The IED by default includes RBAC with different users defined and a Security Administrator.
Extended Warranty: Up to 10 years (product registration required, applies to Easergy MiCOM, please check with your local representative for availability, some exclusions apply).
- Extensive distance protection experience and algorithms using “Delta algorithm”, “Mho” and Impedance measurement techniques.
- “Mho” pedigree with over 25 years experience
- Wide choice of channel aided scheme
- Relay determines its own settings from protected line data (Mho models)
- Setting free power swing detection and unblocking for the faults during swings (Mho models)
- Overhead lines and underground cables
- Lines with multiple zero sequence sources
- Non-homogeneous lines, series compensated lines, parallel lines
- Distribution to Transmission Voltage levels