Easergy MiCOM C434
Bay Unit for Control and Monitoring
Easergy MiCOM C434 is a modular bay control unit designed for controlling and monitoring bays.
FeaturesEasergy MiCOM C434 is a cost-effective modular bay control unit designed for controlling and monitoring of bays.
The modular design of Easergy MiCOM C434 with an application-matched complementary fitting offers the user a flexible concept for easy integration with the substation’s control device. Easergy MiCOM C434 is housed in a 4U case in 40TE or 84TE widths. Easergy MiCOM C434 user interfaces are identical to the one-box solutions of the same range, making it ideal for completing protection and control solutions in substations on bay level.
Easergy MiCOM C434 is designed for the control and monitoring of up to 24 electrically operated switchgear units located in the bay of a medium-voltage substation or a non-complex high-voltage station. External auxiliary devices are largely eliminated through the integration of binary signal inputs and power outputs that are independent of auxiliary voltages, by the direct connection option for current and voltage transformers and by the comprehensive interlocking capability. This simplifies handling of a bay’s protection and control technology from planning to commissioning.
Easergy MiCOM C434 offers a library of 300 pre-engineered bay templates and allows loading of a user-defined bay type.
The information exchange is performed by inbuilt communication interfaces, using either serial protocols (IEC 60870-5-101, -103, Courier, DNP or Modbus) or an Ethernet interface using IEC 61850. The IRIG-B input completes the device.
Latest communication protocols and Ethernet redundancy (coming soon)
Easergy MiCOM C434 is fully equipped with the latest communication protocols (IEC 61850 Ed1 and Ed2 are available in the same device, selection by setting.). Maximum availability and reliability of Ethernet communications is possible thanks to the implementation of PRP/HSR standard redundancy protocols with an instantaneous recovery time (0 ms) in case of network failure. The compatibility of Easergy MiCOM C434 offers some of the RSTP redundancy protocol as well. All redundancy protocols are available in the same device and can be selected by setting. Implemented VLAN and port assignment functionality allows the use of advanced network architectures by splitting the physical network into a logical SCADA system network and maintenance network.
Major enhancement to cyber security (coming soon)
Operational and cyber security, compliant with IEC 62351, helps protect installations with security based on embedded features such as role based access control (RBAC), port hardening, security logs and access traceability. The IED by default includes RBAC with different users defined and a security administrator.
Standard Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 years
Extended Warranty: Up to 10 years (product registration required, applies to Easergy MiCOM)
- Ideal for completing protection and control solutions in substations on bay level
- Modular, flexible hardware for simple adaptation to specific application requirements
- Flexible case mounting options suitable for wall, flush/panel or rack mounting
- User-friendly, with the same user interface as the Easergy MiCOM protection devices
- Bay template library containing 300 pre-engineered bay templates
- Advanced bay control
- Communication interface to the substation control system including IEC 61850
- Optional automatic synchronization check (ASC) function
- Detachable HMI for increased security and safety
- Modular design with an application-matched complementary fitting offers the user a flexible concept for an easy integration of the control device in the substation
- Medium- and high-voltage substations
- Direct motor control
- Requirement of separated bay control unit
- High amount of binary input and output contacts