The X80 family incorporates the compatible modules common for M580 and M340 PLCs.Based on the latest I/O technology
Included are: backplane, all in-rack modules, power supply, Ethernet RIO module drop head, all I/O modules, communication modules (except Ethernet), and expert modules.
Not included are: M340 CPU and Ethernet modules BMXNO••••• (as they can be used in M340 PLC only).
- Innovative I/O
- High quality
- International certifications (including marine, ATEX, nuclear)
- Hot swap
- Wide selection of modules: digital I/Os, analog I/Os, expert, communication
- Most of modules exist in hardened version to better support harsh environment (dust, chemical, etc)
High level services
- Through EcoStruxure Control Expert
- With structured data (Device DDT), simplifying diagnostics
- Using bit forcing to simplify simulation
- Sequence Of Event Time Stamped at source in a solution mode without program
- One X80 drop can support two racks along 30m, just like the M340 PLC (up to 4 racks for M340)
- About Modicon Quantum installed base:
- Modbus serial link in your X80 drops with QEIO
- Maximum number of supported X80 drops: 16 for 140CPU6x1xx and 31 for 140CPU6x2xx
BenefitsA compatible modules common platform
- Reduce your maintenance and training costs : same spare parts in your stock, unique training for different PAC
ApplicationsMedium to Large process applications:
- Water and Waste Water plants: WWTP (Treatment Plant), Pumping, Desalination…
- Consumer packaged goods (CPG): Food & Beverage (Dairy, Confectionary, Pet Food, Sugar, Grain), Life Sciences (Pharmatical), Household & Personal Care…
- Mining Metal Minerals: Mining water treatment, Cement, Conveyors…
- Hydro Power: Small/Medium/Large plants…
- O&G: Midstream, Pipelines...
- Transportation: Metro, Tunnels, Airports…
- OEM Process: Material Handling, turbo machinery...
- Process & Machine Safety functions like Emergency Shut Down, Fire & Gas, Burner or Boilier Managment, Control Access for safety machines