EcoStruxure™ Cybersecurity Admin Expert is an intuitive, software-based tool used for multiple purposes:
- Creating a cybersecurity
- Configuring the security of devices
- Retrieving security logs of a whole substation, plant or industrial environment
- Centralized administration of user accounts and roles
EcoStruxure Cybersecurity Admin Expert has the capability to assign roles to user. A user with a role is then allocated permission to
access or block resources of a system (for example permission to read or write device settings, download a new firmware version etc).
The tool is suited to use within the Operational Technology (OT) environment as it authorizes the configuration of permissions of many
different devices such as: network devices (switches, firewalls), personnal computer and intelligent electronic devices/protection relays
aligned with IEC 62351. Main functions include:
- Define the security policy, including for example: password complexity or password strategy.
- Define rules for security logs, choose between NERC CIP, BDEW, P1686 2014 or a combination.
- Define the RBAC* (Role Base Access Control) parameters of your environment. RBAC technology is an efficient way to apply the defined roles and permissions to an individual, deploying to each device.
- Define system or device users and assign one or several roles per user customized based on organization.
- Retrieve security logs including several Schneider Electric devices**
* RBAC devices compliant with IEC 62351 part 8 but can be extended further depending on your own organization. For each RBAC device defined you can set the access rights of each resource inside the device, for example resources such as settings files, firmware, or configuration parameters.
** EcoStruxure Cybersecurity Admin Expert can be used in conjunction with several Schneider Electric OT devices such as Easergy MiCOM P40 or P30 protection relays, Easergy T300, Saitel or MiCOM C264 RTUs or Gateway software for EcoStruxure Substation Operation.
- Simplify the management and the maintenance of cybersecurity by collecting security events and logs from the Operational Technology (OT) from a single tool.
- Improve efficiency by defining security parameters in a single product/tool
- Smart grid
- Oil and gas
- Hospitals and critical infrastructures
- Mining of minerals and metal