Channel Program Manager
This role will help manage operational and digital projects designed to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the electrical distribution channel (wholesale electrical distributors, retailers, e-tailers, and catalog partners). This role will report to the Senior Manager of US Channel Operations and will be critical in managing agile projects and driving major business transformations.
Serve as the channel day-to-day point person for the management of the US channel’s personalized homepage experience for distributors, including:
Track partner feedback via analytics, our Medallia survey platform, and partner meetings. Delegate actions to key owners
Work with Digital Customer Experience (DCX) to manage the list of requirements from channel team and distributor partners
Manage backlog list of programming improvement elements with channel team, DCX and global project team
Ensure content is refreshed on the homepage and drives a positive customer experience
Help drive internal and external awareness of the digital experience and its benefits
Support the Manager of Digital Enablement in the Point of Sales strategy and work with the US Sales team to activate partners onto the new reporting system. Ensure reporting back out to partners
Support deployment of new external reporting capability for partners via Tableau API
Support adoption of APIs with partners
Lead on new transformation asks of the channel that require channel research, partner involvement, change management etc.
Monitor and help support the achievement of the Key Objectives of US Channel Strategy, Operations and Digital Enablement
• Minimum of 3 years progressive experience within Schneider Electric in related roles (Project Management, Process Improvement, Customer Analytics or other applicable experience is required)
• Experience successfully leading complex tasks within a team
• High technological aptitude
• Outstanding task, process and project management skills
Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Enthusiastic about driving transformation and comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
• The ability to effectively work with and manage both local and global teams across multiple disciplines/functions and levels of the organization
• Strong collaborative negotiation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive positive results
• Analytical, yet agile approach to problem solving
- Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.