Electro Mechanical Maintenance
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
The Columbia, Missouri plant is looking for an Electro Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join the team on first shift.
Support of manufacturing equipment, building and grounds, mechanical systems, electrical/electronic circuits, various equipment controls (PLC, HMI, etc.) and all required maintenance tasks associated with the systems and equipment. Install, maintain, adjust, troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventive and predictive maintenance on manufacturing and process equipment as listed above.
General Maintenance Duties (not to be considered a complete list):
- Weld in a safe manner while using the proper welding equipment at the proper settings with proper material preparation.
- Interact in a positive manner with engineers, technicians, suppliers, and customers to define projects and assist in the specification and design of an electromechanical system.
- Perform welding, plumbing, and electrical repairs.
- Install wiring associated with the installation and maintenance of fixtures and manufacturing equipment.
- Fabricate, check, adjust, fit, and modify parts to repair equipment with precision required to meet specifications.
- Effectively troubleshoot equipment issues including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic malfunctions.
- Use a wide variety of hand tools, equipment, and instruments in performing maintenance to manufacturing equipment, building, and grounds.
- Read and understand wiring schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, manuals, and other written instructions.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties including cleaning, inspecting, lubrication, electrical, and mechanical repairs on facilities, grounds, and utilities.
- Obtain and use correct materials, parts, and supplies.
- Test systems for correct operation.
- Demonstrate the ability to cope with stressful situations, follow policies and procedures, and be committed to the task.
- Check to assure all safety devices are in place and operational.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area following 5S guidelines.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with current Attendance Policy.
- Direct and assist trainees and other personnel.
- Maintain necessary records and forms.
- Create work orders electronically and have ability to navigate within Avantis
Electrical / Electronic Duties (not to be considered a complete list):
- Basic microcomputer skills necessary to understand the operation and interfacing characteristics of microprocessors including I/O and interfacing concepts, software interaction, applications, programming languages and techniques.
- Basic programming, configuration, interfacing, and troubleshooting skills with the following controls, interfaces, and advanced assembly systems: PLC, HMI, DC Driver, Vision Inspection, Laser Marking, and Robotics.
- Maintain electric motor drive technology including: AC variable frequency, AC servo, DC servo, electronic and mechanical clutch/brake, and encoders.
- Analyze problems pertaining to electrical power distribution, as well as electro-mechanical and electronic control systems.
- Install, maintain, dismantle, repair, overhaul, and rebuild electrical, mechanical, and electronic equipment and components such as electric power distribution circuits, electric lighting, electric climate control systems, electric appliances, wiring, and controls.
- Install electrical circuits to NEC and local code requirements including installation of conduit and wire.
- Perform electronic installation and troubleshooting.
- Operation, setup, and maintenance of automated equipment.
- Draw wiring schematics and similar duties.
Building and Grounds Duties (not to be considered a complete list):
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain, repair, overhaul, and rebuild equipment associated with the building and grounds (i.e. HVAC, Plumbing, Compressed Air, Fire System, Water, Structure, etc.)
- Use the Building Automation System to control and troubleshoot various facility related issues. (i.e. HVAC, compressed air, process heating/cooling, etc.)
- High school graduate or equivalent and a graduate of a two-year post-secondary program in Industrial Electricity, Controls and/or Electronics.
- Successful completion of a formal apprenticeship program or three (3) years directly related experience could be substituted for post-secondary education.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the following controls, interfaces and advanced assembly systems: PLC, HMI, DC Driver, Vision Inspection, Laser Marking, Robotics, and Electric Motor Drive Technologies (i.e. VFD, Servo, Encoder, etc.), or acquire such knowledge within one (1) year of entering the job.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the mechanical systems used to operate the facility and grounds (i.e. HVAC, pneumatics, process cooling/heating, etc.), or acquire such knowledge within one (1) year of entering the job.
- The successful candidate will complete all required training per the established checklist within one (1) year of entering the job, regardless of current level of experience.