Field Service Representative - Critical Power
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Performs assembly, startup, diagnostic, repair and preventive maintenance work as directed by the District Service Manager / Region Director on Company manufactured, as well as third party manufactured equipment.
- Perform pre-site, startup, repair, preventive maintenance and field modification on Company manufactured equipment as assigned by the Customer Care Center.
- Provides site supervision to other FSE’s on assigned projects.
- Complete all administrative responsibilities on all work activities including field service reports, expense reports, preventive maintenance and startup data sheets and daily time card completion.
- Provide telephone support for customers and Field Service Associates.
- Work with customers, electricians, sales partners, technical support, DSM and RSD to resolve escalated issues.
- Must operate within all Company published guidelines.
- Demonstrate positive customer relationship building and management skills.
- Satisfactorily complete assigned product and customer relation skills training courses.
- Customer familiarization and Operator Training Class presentations.
- On the job training of Field Service Associates.
- Conducts training seminars for Field Service Associates and or approved Service Partners.
- Performs site visits with Service Partners, evaluates technical and professional performance.
- Assists Field Project Manager on larger system startups, will assume some project management responsibilities as required.
- Will act on behalf of the District Service Manager to resolve operational issues as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the District Service Manager and or Regional Service Director.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you have:
Associate degree preferred or similar experience in electronics, electrical theory or similar discipline desirable and or military training equivalent.
2-4 years of field service repair and customer service with UPS, electrical, electro-mechanical or electronics related equipment required.
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Field Service Engineer or equivalent industry experience.
Must be proficient at 3 phase multi module systems as required by the local District Service Manager.
Computer literacy with standard business applications.
Complete competence at utilizing test and diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscope, digital voltmeter, AC clamp meter, load banks and other electronic test devices.
Superior customer relations and interaction skills.
Fully adept at reading and interpreting schematics, drawings and theory of operation manuals.
Thorough understanding of principles of AC and DC power, various AC and DC supply circuit components.
Driving and safe vehicle operation skills.
Characteristics include self-starter, team player, punctual, personal and professional integrity, trainable, problem solver, organized, professional appearance, flexible, customer oriented and safety oriented.
Capable of reciting and displaying appropriate safety techniques and practices associated with job requirements.
Ability to write business reports, correspondence, procedures, effectively present information and respond to customer questions.
Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Must be agile and mobile with respect to finger, hand, arm and leg movement.
Must be able to communicate (speak and hear) effectively to various intellectual levels.
Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.