Sr. Systems Engineer, Generation and Alternative Fuels
The Sr. Systems Engineer for Generation and Alternative Fuels is a catalyst and champion of generation and alternative fuels innovation and learning, responsible for expanding the generation capabilities of ASX, and influencing strategic generation partners in the development and delivery of ASX Energy as a Service (EaaS). The Sr. Systems Engineer will support the AlphaStruxure team as needed on specific project solutions. The Sr. Systems Engineer will work collaboratively with the CTO, Schneider Electric (SE) Microgrid Competence Center (MGCC), Energy and Sustainability Services (ESS), AVEVA, and other SE business units as well as the Carlyle Group, various technology firms, engineering, construction, and supporting operations and maintenance firms. The goal is to develop a stable, forward path for generation technologies and alternative fuels support for ASX.
- Develop and manage a generation technology portfolio
- Develop and maintain generation technology performance benchmarks, cost benchmarks, estimating methodology.
- Develop and manage an alternative fuels strategy, build body of knowledge on alternative fuels.
- Understand generation technology environmental implications and mitigations.
- Technical and systems support to Solutions Architects. Develop and implement standard use cases and applications guidelines.
- Support development of strategy technology partners
- Explore new technologies and their potential fit to ASX solutions
- Coaching of the project development and execution teams on solutions and their value propositions
- Lead educational sessions on current and emerging technology
- Spend time with NOC staff in solving short-term and long-term issues and needed improvements
- Support the digital interface of the generation partners into the ASX Digital Roadmap
- Other duties as assigned by the ASX CTO
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 15 years or more in multiple distributed generation technologies
- Practical experience working in the project conceptualization and design phases with unique creativity and innovation
- Practical experience in operating distributed energy infrastructure solutions
- Recognized industry leader who commands respect - able to work with multiple stakeholders
- Recognized expert in microgrid technologies and architectures across a very broad spectrum
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative fuel strategies and the practical experience in implementing such strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the regulations, standards, and incentives for alternative fuels
- Ability to build knowledgeable, collaborative, and innovative solution teams
- Ability to develop and lead partner collaborations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills
- Confident speaker able to present at conferences and lead varied workshops