Schneider Electric Announces PowerLogic ION9000, The World’s Most Advanced and Most Accurate Power Quality Meter
The PowerLogic ION9000 is the newest ‘connected product’ addition to IoT-enabled EcoStruxure™ Power architecture
• World’s most accurate meter, class 0.1s, 2X more accurate than any other meter on the market, making it the most accurate meter in existence today, unlocking significant new possibilities for energy savings
• Cyber security ready, designed to align with comprehensive grid cyber security policies
• Onboard power quality analysis helps ensure safer, more reliable, more efficient power in large and critical buildings and infrastructures
• Smart power event analysis automatically correlates related trends, events, and waveforms
• Unique patent ION programmability, allowing for adaptable, customized power management capabilities – protecting your investment into the future
Rueil-Malmaison (France), April 5, 2018 – Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the world’s most advanced, most accurate power quality and energy meter, the PowerLogic ION9000 series. Through advancements in IoT, event analytics, and accuracy, this newest addition to the PowerLogic portfolio of power and energy meters provides the most complete, most innovative power analysis solution for critical power applications.
Powerful Innovations at Five Levels
The PowerLogic ION9000 meter is the latest generation building on the successful track record of the ION7650. It offers the industry's most advanced capabilities with five core innovations, for those who demand the highest performance from their power networks:
• High quality performance, with third-party certified Class 0.1S accuracy – twice the precision of existing energy standards. Unlocking significant new energy savings and confidence that the data feeding power management systems is accurate and reliable.
• Cyber security ready, designed to align with comprehensive grid cyber security policies. with digitally signed, encrypted firmware, strong passwords, and secure protocols. Minimizing vulnerabilities to critical power assets and systems.
• Onboard power quality analysis that provides useful information, not just data, compliant with IEC61000-4-30 (ed.3 class A), IEC62586-1 and IEC62586-2, as well as extended waveform capture, and patented disturbance direction detection (DDD).
• Smart power event analysis that automatically correlates related trends, events, and waveforms based on time and type of incident, saving time and providing vital insight with pre- and post-incident data.
• Patented ION™ programmability adapts easily to power networks as they become more dynamic, such as complex breaker monitoring or custom substation automation –protecting your investment into the future.
“The ION9000 is a big part of our answer to the new energy future. The rapid change in the energy industry will continue and any power system that is unable to adapt – for example, to any new standards, protocols, or certifications that will come in the future – may face obsolescence in as little as five years”, noted Alexis Grenon, Senior Vice President of Power Solutions for Schneider Electric. “The ION9000 provides the future-proof adaptability that modern power networks need. It offers a highly customizable platform together with a new industry benchmark for accuracy, as well as a complete power quality analysis tool right out of the box so it can quickly identify and help solve system power events.”
Significant enhancements for large and power-critical facilities
More Reliability – In large and critical buildings, uptime and reliability is paramount. For example, power quality issues can cause outages that cost as much as $1 million+ per day, while operations and maintenance costs can represent as much as 80 percent of the total lifecycle cost over a 50-year period. Plus, reliability ensures productivity and operational efficiency, so when equipped with the proper data and insight, these facilities can realize new operational efficiencies, opening new avenues of innovation. The PowerLogic ION9000 helps enable this innovation.
Minimize Downtime and Reduce Energy Costs – One Schneider Electric customer, a major automotive manufacturer, installed an EcoStruxure Power Monitoring system that included our advanced power quality meters for monitoring and troubleshooting power quality problems, helping to minimize downtime and reduce energy costs. The system paid for itself in two years, one full year ahead of schedule. These exceptional meters were superior in their ability to perform power quality and disturbance monitoring functions.
The ION9000 is a key element in the EcoStruxure Power platform, part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture, the open and interoperable system architecture for building, grid, industry, and data center customers. The ION9000 is a significant addition to the company’s industry leading connected products offers, and is a valued new platform within a connected and integrated power distribution network.
EcoStruxure is Schneider Electric’s IoT-enabled, plug and play, open, interoperable, architecture and platform. EcoStruxure™ delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity. EcoStruxure™ leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics and cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at every level, from Connected Products, Edge Control to Apps, Analytics & Services. EcoStruxure™ has been deployed in 480,000+ installations, with the support of 20,000+ system integrators, connecting over 1.5 million assets.