Protect electrical equipment against direct lightning strikes (tested and rated according to standardised of 10/350μs current wave)
Specified by IEC/EN 62305-2 in commercial and industrial buildings protected by a lightning conductor or a meshed cage,
- Impulse current, Iimp
- 12.5 kA for iPRF1 12.5r : suitable for buildings with protection levels III and IV
- 25 kA for PRD1 25r and PRD1 Master, 35 kA for PRF1 Master : suitable for buildings with protection levels I and II
- must be associated with a suitable disconnection device, fuse or circuit_breaker : see coordination table
- iPRF1 12.5r and PRD1 25r are also type 2 rated (8/20 µs) and protect the electrical equipment by finely clipping the voltage surge
- suitable for 230/400V 50/60Hz networks, with earthing system TT, TN-S, TN-C. PRF1 Master suitable for 440V IT system-earthed also.
Fixed or cartridge pluggable surge arresters. PRD1 surge arresters are fitted with easy-to-replace withdrawable cartridges.
Multiple-pole or single-pole device to be assembled.
Ouput contacts for remote transfer of end-of-life information (for Acti9 Smartlink or other input./output device)
These two SPD Type 1 ranges provide:
- Powerful Surge Protection for installations and buildings with high lightning strike risk
- Ensure the continuity of service of your installation
- Acti9 PRD1 Surge arresters are fitted with easy-to-replace pluggable cartridges
- Beware the lightning rod is not sufficient as a protection, Type 1 Surge Protection Devices contribute to the safety of your equipment.
- The IEC/EN 62305-2 specifies the use of Type 1 or Type 1+2 Surge Protection Devices in commercial and industrial buildings protected by a lightning conductor or a lightning rod
- Surge Protection Devices are recommended when there is higher risk of direct lightning strikes.