Efficiency: A constant challenge
Pressure to deliver results in the metals industry is compounded by steadily escalating costs, aging and under-performing assets, and a lack of skilled workers.
Solutions for operational efficiency
Smart crane controlFind out More
Process control, automation and motor controlFind out More
Asset management and condition monitoringFind out More
Why work with Schneider Electric?
- Best-in-class asset performance suite From maintenance to equipment performance, we optimize the OEE of your assets and extend their useful life.
- Integrated process and power distribution Get total production visibility thanks to seamless integration between control and electrical systems.
- The steel industry spends more than $15 billion annually on R&D and to improve manufacturing processes.
- The average cost of downtime in a steel plant is $2 million per hour.
- Less than 50% of industry uses any kind of dedicated production or maintenance management tools.
- Maintenance costs can represent up to 15% of total production costs.